Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Coverage

Options
  • 19-09-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Currently mid-way on my third of four months free with virgin media (some loyalty deal they do) and am thinking about changing when I’m paying €25 for the same package.

I am dependent on data mainly for backing up photos/videos to the cloud, so don’t like being ages without data and then find a load of pictures queued to be uploaded.

My main issue is data coverage, for example I was in pavilions shopping centre(Swords)and only could get e, this month I was around the phoenix park a few times and the same issues with data.

Is this a virgin media issue or a three network wide issue would anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three coverage in the park is grand, few highsites cover it and nothing really to obstruct. Whats the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

ED E wrote: »
    Three coverage in the park is grand, few highsites cover it and nothing really to obstruct. Whats the handset?

I was ages trying to get online to google something and then even google maps wasn't working properly.

Huawei ascend g7, have checked the apn and tried virgin media and/or virgin media ireland and internet. Seems weird to have so little information

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Three and the MVNOs sitting on their network haven't got great coverage. Wouldn't go near them myself. Vodafone seems to have the best but is expensive. Another alternative is meteor.

I ws on Tesco mobile, based on threes network and coverage was a joke, so I moved. No 4g either.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You were on the o2 network, the op is on the actual 3 network. The latter is wayyyy better and has 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

That's what I'm trying to see if it's a three network issue or the network virgin media use

Suppose I could get a three sim for a month and try the places I had issues.

I was on meteor then they cut the bonus data, so was trying virgin media

• Advertisement
Advertisement