Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to transfer info from old 5 to new SE

Options
  • 19-09-2016 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Appreciate advice here.
    Have set up new SE but did not Restore from iCloud, a mistake I think. Have done a full reset but that option no longer appears.
    What is the diets way to get my Apps plus msgs etc. from my old iPhone 5 to the new SE?
    Is there a way to sync the two, or go through iCloud?
    I am far from being a geek so need direction here
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Fresh iCloud backup from the 5 (assuming it's not merged the SE). I always do a full local backup when changing phones (personal preference).

Then follow the guide here (incl erasing SE).

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

seadeuce wrote: »
    Appreciate advice here.
    Have set up new SE but did not Restore from iCloud, a mistake I think. Have done a full reset but that option no longer appears.
    What is the diets way to get my Apps plus msgs etc. from my old iPhone 5 to the new SE?
    Is there a way to sync the two, or go through iCloud?
    I am far from being a geek so need direction here
    TIA

Have you backed up the old 5 to iCloud? If so when setting up the SE from scratch select restore from iCloud back up enter your Apple ID and select the backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Coleman316

If you have a computer with itunes installed you plug your iphone 5 in and do a full back up. Unplug that phone when it is finished and then plug in the SE. Select the option to restore this phone from a previous back up and select the back up you just took from the iphone 5. Your new SE will have everything you had on your iphone 5 then.

Im unsure of iCloud as im thinking you only have 5gb of storage in iCloud as a basic storage so I doubt you will be able to back up everything on your phone and restore it that way. However I may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's no need for a pc or laptop, On the older phone go to settings-iCloud and scroll down to backup, make sure it's enabled and you can see when the last backup was. On the SE go to settings-general-reset and tap erase all content and settings. You will go through initial setup again and from there select restore from iCloud backup.

Advertisement