Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic and Wall Insulation in Limerick

• 19-09-2016 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Going to ring around soon and get some quotes for a 3 bed detached.

Anyone got any advice on who to get and who to avoid.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Check to see if there is still a grant for this and if there is check that the contractor is approved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

phog wrote: »
    Check to see if there is still a grant for this and if there is check that the contractor is approved.

Will do thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Sheehy Insulation. Based in Duagh county Kerry,(near Abbeyfeale)
    They cover a large area, have been in the business a long,long time and know their stuff. They've got different crews for different jobs, ie crew for pumping walls,crew for attic insulation etc.
    Last I heard, grant of €300 is available for walls,€300 for attic and €50 for B.E.R.
    Depth of insulation you require in attic is up to yourself, you will get quotes for each.
    Rumours doing the rounds that the grant will cease this December, but you will still get 6 months after that to do the work, once your application is in place.
    Are you in city or county.

washman3 wrote: »
    Sheehy Insulation. Based in Duagh county Kerry,(near Abbeyfeale)
    They cover a large area, have been in the business a long,long time and know their stuff. They've got different crews for different jobs, ie crew for pumping walls,crew for attic insulation etc.
    Last I heard, grant of €300 is available for walls,€300 for attic and €50 for B.E.R.
    Depth of insulation you require in attic is up to yourself, you will get quotes for each.
    Rumours doing the rounds that the grant will cease this December, but you will still get 6 months after that to do the work, once your application is in place.
    Are you in city or county.

Thanks for reply washman,

I'm in Dooradoyle, will get them out for a quote so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I got a quote from GEM Insulation for getting the walls pumped and attic done, seemed a little more expensive than I expected as a friend got theirs for a few hundred after grants and I've yet to pull the trigger. They're based on the Ennis Road so and managed to visit me the next day after ringing.

You might need to get vents either in your windows or in your walls (if you don't already have them) in order to get the grant so keep that in mind price-wise and for potential disturbance to your house.

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »
    I got a quote from GEM Insulation for getting the walls pumped and attic done, seemed a little more expensive than I expected as a friend got theirs for a few hundred after grants and I've yet to pull the trigger. They're based on the Ennis Road so and managed to visit me the next day after ringing.

You might need to get vents either in your windows or in your walls (if you don't already have them) in order to get the grant so keep that in mind price-wise and for potential disturbance to your house.

Thanks Cossax let me know who you go with.

Advertisement