Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raleigh Strada v Giant Escape (or something else?)

Options
  • 20-09-2016 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking to get a hybrid mostly for a 12 minute commute to work but would use for the odd cycle of 1 or 2 hours infrequently during summer months.

Been to a few shops, Raleigh Srada for 389, Escape 3 for 419 and Escape 1 for 550 is what I'm looking at this moment.

I'm sure they are all more than adequate for my needs, just wondering am I not considering any other viable options in the 500 price range?

I'd appreciate any info as I'm literally deciding purely on the aesthetics of the bikes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

flugel wrote: »
    Hi there,

Looking to get a hybrid mostly for a 12 minute commute to work but would use for the odd cycle of 1 or 2 hours infrequently during summer months.

Been to a few shops, Raleigh Srada for 389, Escape 3 for 419 and Escape 1 for 550 is what I'm looking at this moment.

I'm sure they are all more than adequate for my needs, just wondering am I not considering any other viable options in the 500 price range?

I'd appreciate any info as I'm literally deciding purely on the aesthetics of the bikes!

As you mentioned, they are all more than adequate for your needs. I don't think choosing based on aesthetics is such a bad idea. After all, the more you like the look of it, the more likely you are to take it out for a spin. So pick the one you 'fancy' the most and enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

tamaskan wrote: »
    As you mentioned, they are all more than adequate for your needs. I don't think choosing based on aesthetics is such a bad idea. After all, the more you like the look of it, the more likely you are to take it out for a spin. So pick the one you 'fancy' the most and enjoy the ride.

Cheers. I'll give each a try and just choose my favourite. I was just concerned with value for money etc but yeah I'd be confident they each would suit my needs

Advertisement