Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coping Techniques

Options
  • 20-09-2016 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've decided to leave my current job and wondering about how to stay positive now that my mindset has changed. I've applied for a Clerical Officer role in the latest campaign. I placed in the top 20 in both of my chosen locations and am now waiting to get the results of my supervised test. Although the pay is poor, I genuinely want this job and am working on the assumption that a job offer will come, it's just a matter of when.

My current job has a 4 hour commute. It was supposed to be temporary but 2 years later and I am losing the will to live. The job itself is ok but has really gone downhill recently. Lots of people are leaving the company and there's a general feeling of unhappiness in the place. Poor management decisions and an unachievable workload is adding to this. Now that I've decided to leave I've stopped caring about the role and am slacking off a bit. I hate the commute and dread when my alarm goes off every morning. I'm burned out and very depressed so am slacking off a bit now that I've decided to leave.

It could be months before I get a role with the Civil Service so am wondering if anyone has any tips to help me keep going with the commute and the job until then?

Advertisement