Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturing textiles abroad

Options
  • 20-09-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Im just wondering if anyone on here has ever manufactured abroad, textiles specifically. I have had a region in Poland recommended to me to check out called "Lodz" has anyone had any dealings with this region and if so could you give feedback or recommendations.

This is a new product being developed and i am avoiding China at the moment for IP reasons , I have an Irish patent and i am in the process of sorting an EU one also so i would like to stay in this region.

Alternatively i would like to hear of any recommendations of places to check out that i may not have thought of.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

Polish companies will do a small MOQ but will charge X2 Chinese rates. I have the name of an Irish textile sourcing agent. Top dog....Came highly recommended and we spoke about a project I am currently involved in. He can source but will charge a commision, and you can make your own follow up on any subsequent orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

meforever wrote: »
    Polish companies will do a small MOQ but will charge X2 Chinese rates. I have the name of an Irish textile sourcing agent. Top dog....Came highly recommended and we spoke about a project I am currently involved in. He can source but will charge a commision, and you can make your own follow up on any subsequent orders.

Thanks a million for this , could you PM me the details of the Irish company or maybe post up here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

Hi

I am a product developer (physical). We have a new branded sports bag line we are currently working on for spring 2017.

He will charge a commision to get you what you need. He is well known globally in the fabric supply chain sector. Arrange a meeting and show him your product. Anything he says will be worth hearing.

Large production sewing shops tend not to work with entrepreneurs like ourselves. We are perceived as time grabbers !!

Just use him once to find your dream manufacturer. Go there and establish a new relationship with the factory.

The initial risk and quality control issues will be dealt with by him, so you won't get creamed.

Good luck with your venture...

We need loads of people like you to build a sustainable economy. Well done

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭bayles

meforever wrote: »
    Hi

I am a product developer (physical). We have a new branded sports bag line we are currently working on for spring 2017.

He will charge a commision to get you what you need. He is well known globally in the fabric supply chain sector. Arrange a meeting and show him your product. Anything he says will be worth hearing.

Large production sewing shops tend not to work with entrepreneurs like ourselves. We are perceived as time grabbers !!

Just use him once to find your dream manufacturer. Go there and establish a new relationship with the factory.

The initial risk and quality control issues will be dealt with by him, so you won't get creamed.

Good luck with your venture...

We need loads of people like you to build a sustainable economy. Well done

PM sent

PM Sent

Advertisement