Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: Hostages taken in Cork. Armed RSU and negotiators present.

Options
  • 20-09-2016 10:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

I'm after hearing that there is an unfolding hostage crisis in the north side.
    People are being held hostage somewhere up there. The armed RSU and Garda negotiation experts are on site trying to resolve the crisis. Is anyone up that side of the city that knows what's going on? If the RSU are there I can only assume that people are being held at gun point. I don't know yet what the motive is or what the demands, if any, are.
    I'm just speculating but could it be islamic terror related, republican activity related, or some Irish water protest stunt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Musketeer4 wrote: »
    People are being held hostage somewhere up there. The armed RSU and Garda negotiation experts are on site trying to resolve the crisis. Is anyone up that side of the city that knows what's going on? If the RSU are there I can only assume that people are being held at gun point. I don't know yet what the motive is or what the demands, if any, are.
    I'm just speculating but could it be islamic terror related, republican activity related, or some Irish water protest stunt?

Its a bloodbath up here:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hostage Crisis!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Seems to have ended.
    Perpetrator has surrendered to police & the house occupants have been taken for treatment of minor injuries.

Seems at first glance to be a burglary/home invasion attempt?

Seems to have ended.
    Perpetrator has surrendered to police & the house occupants have been taken for treatment of minor injuries.

Seems at first glance to be a burglary/home invasion attempt?

Neither, Its the family home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/standoff-cork-house-resolved/2531124/

Garda RSU moved in on the house this morning. The hostages were extracted from the house and whisked to hospital for treatment of their injuries. Two male hostage takers were extricated from the house and were removed for questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This thread is like an episode of Homeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

That's the last 3 things I would have thought it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Relax and take a deep breath.
    kentbrockmandemocracy.jpg

xabi wrote: »
    That's the last 3 things I would have thought it was

He could get a job at Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

He could get a job at Fox.

Or maybe Waterford Whispers News.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I don't think we have much choice but to go to war now. We cannot stand idly by while we have the opportunity to get involved in an exciting big war.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Jesus lad, step away from the drama there. Put down your Daily Mail and turn off Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The imagination is strong in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It's been over 24 hours - is Cork still on Amber alert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mod note: locking this thread as no serious discussion going on and a lot of guess work/ exaggeration going on also. Here's the truth for people

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/two-arrested-two-in-hospital-after-barricade-incident-in-cork-city-755525.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement