Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole trader.

Options
  • 20-09-2016 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello one and all.

I wonder can anyone help me. I have already looked at lots of threads regarding sole trader insurance and public liability but none match the situation I am in.

I'm trying to set up a business regarding sign making.
    I can make the signs but I'm not sure if I am allowed to install them outside shops or inside buildings.
    Do I need insurance to do this or does my customer have insurance to cover the work I do ?
    I am meeting an accountant today regarding Tax and Vat and hope to get that information out of the way.

I'm just a little confused with the insurance side of things.
    Do you know how much I might have to pay for PL and insurance per annum with the line of work I'm going into ?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tirnanog79 wrote: »
    Hello one and all.

I wonder can anyone help me. I have already looked at lots of threads regarding sole trader insurance and public liability but none match the situation I am in.

I'm trying to set up a business regarding sign making.
    I can make the signs but I'm not sure if I am allowed to install them outside shops or inside buildings.
    Do I need insurance to do this or does my customer have insurance to cover the work I do ?
    I am meeting an accountant today regarding Tax and Vat and hope to get that information out of the way.

I'm just a little confused with the insurance side of things.
    Do you know how much I might have to pay for PL and insurance per annum with the line of work I'm going into ?

Thank you in advance.
    talk to MAST

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tirnanog79

Thanks for your reply.

But who are MAST ?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Mast are an organisation for market/stall traders. Google "tradesman insurance" Chill and loads of providers will pop up.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=tradesman+insurance&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gws_rd=cr&ei=3QfhV5jbB9bwgAaovq-4Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tirnanog79

Is it possible to design and make a sign and pay a company who has insurance to install It i wonder ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

PL insurance should only run to a couple of hundred a year, you should be able to get a quote online in a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Tirnanog79 wrote: »
    Is it possible to design and make a sign and pay a company who has insurance to install It i wonder ?

You could but could still be sued as the goods are yours and the sale contract is with you. You really need your own PL cover.

Advertisement