Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More foxes than I thought

• 20-09-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Was out last week for pigeons with shotgun and seen a big dog that I've been after for a while. Both days I had shotgun so couldn't get close enough.
    Yesterday I went out with the .223 into his field and called him an after 30 seconds or so he appeared down bottom of the field. 120 yards shot through the neck with rem 55gr hp and he was down. Was only out 10 mins and my phone had died so I dragged him back to the car to charge it for a photo and on way back in next field out popped another one. Hadn't time to lie down with bipod so freehand at 75 yards and I hit him in the chest. Took pics and called it a night. Half hour hunting and two big dog foxes. Seen another then in lane way but it wasn't a safe shot. So il get him another time. But I didn't realise there was that many around. Rabbit numbers are down and pheasants are scarce and now I know why.
    image_zpskqzszzk6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

If your numbers are down then you need to be going back again & again IMO

Where there's one there's 2, where there's 2 there's 3, ..................

Knock them now, this year, before they start breading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

clivej wrote: »
    If your numbers are down then you need to be going back again & again IMO

Where there's one there's 2, where there's 2 there's 3, ..................

Knock them now, this year, before they start breading.

I know mate. The one on top of pic is only one I've seen around in 5 months. But then to see 3 in space of 45 mins is a first for me. The local gun club don't do any type of fox control. There's a new farmer up my way who introduced sheep on the land so he'll be happy now.
    If anyone wants to do lamping with me or come out on a evening yas can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

well done there lad,i was out lamping last week with the whippet,saw 4 in the space of an hour,2 in one permission,2 in another,was told there are lots around.

Advertisement