Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bus route please to Blackrock Education Centre?

Options
  • 20-09-2016 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

Help please, if I want to get a bus from city centre to the Blackrock Education Centre, what is the best option? I have looked up the 46A, the 4 and 7, but as I don't know the area at all, I would be grateful for any help. I don't mind a bit of a walk, but have no idea what route / stop would be the most convenient.
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Having googled the Blackrock Education Centre, it looks like it's actually in Dun Laoghaire, at the IADT near to bakers corner pub. In this case the 7 or 4 wouldn't really be recommended. The 46A will drop you right outside though so grab that from town. Ask the driver to shout when you're near IADT if you're not sure. You want to get off at stop 4565 and then it's across the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks a million, that is perfect. I really appreciate your help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Ask the driver to shout when you're near IADT if you're not sure. You want to get off at stop 4565 and then it's across the road.

I wouldn't bet on the driver knowing what/where IADT is, much better to say you want to get off at the next stop after Baker's Corner. But neither would I rely on him to remember to call it out when the bus gets there.

The 46A goes out the N11 (Stillorgan Road) as far as Foxrock Church when it turns left and goes downhill to Deansgrange Cross, then it goes uphill to Bakers Corner where there is a prominent pub of that name on the right-hand corner, you get out at the next stop after that junction. Walk back a short distance and the entrance is across the road.

Thanks so much, really appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

http://www.blackrockec.ie/content/what-we-do-0
    The Centre was established in 1972 in Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co Dublin. Since 1996, BEC has been located in the grounds of the IADT Dún Laoghaire at Deansgrange - near Baker's Corner public house (Bar), a useful landmark for orientation purposes!

http://www.iadt.ie/contact
    Bus

The routes which best serve the Institute directly are the 46A, 75, 7D and within walking distance are the 63, 8, 7B, 45A, 84 and 84A. The timetables for all these bus services are available on the Dublin Bus website. For live updates on the latest bus visit the Dublin Bus website.
    LUAS

The Luas in Sandyford which is linked to IADT by Dublin bus route 75. The no. 63 Dublin bus links IADT via the bus stop on Abbey Road to the Luas at the Carrickmines Luas station. The timetables for all these bus services are available on the Dublin Bus website.

• Advertisement

I had looked up all of the above ^^ before I posted, and had contacted the centre.

Thanks again to grimm2005 and coylemj for being so helpful in their responses. Am sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bakers is extremely well known, if I get taxis I often use it when they do not recognise other landmarks I mention.

I think the buses might have the bus stop numbers displayed inside nowadays, like on the top deck of the bus you will see it illuminated at the front, not sure if it just shows the name, I think it does say the actual stop number.

Ask anyone onboard when the bakers corner stop is and most will know.

If the buses are on strike I am not sure which dart stop would be best, its pretty central to a few of them.

There is a "blue moon" bus the 7D which is also an option
    https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/7d-Revised-Times/

Thanks a million rubadub.

Advertisement