Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Optoma Projector Ceiling Mount Advice/Guide?

• 20-09-2016 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

I am looking to mount my Optoma Projector in my sitting room and I already have the screen hung I just need to mount the projector to the ceiling.

I have a ceiling mounting bracket for the projector but I am looking for a straightforward guide or advice on how to do the actual mounting?

Do you just get someone to hold the projector in roughly the right spot before you drill the holes for the mount or is there a better way to do it?

I obviously don't want holes all over the ceiling and just want to try to get it up in the quickest and easiest way so all advice welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mark the point where you want the mount to go, center of the screen and the right distance back.

mount the mount on the ceiling without the projector attached.

once it is secure, hang some heavy weights off it for 12 hours to make sure it's secure and you wont hear a rash as your projector hits the ground

once that is done, attach the projector to the mount (don't take the mount off the ceiling)

Advertisement