Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunted (Channel 4)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Skid X wrote: »
    The American version didn't get an airing on TV over here, but All4 (Channel 4's Free Catch Up Service) are going to make it available to stream from May 16th

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/news/a827979/hunted-usa-is-coming-to-all4-in-the-uk/

Great stuff! Thanks for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Celebrity Hunted Special (for Stand Up To Cancer) - Tuesday October 10th

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/news/a838691/celebrity-hunted-lineup-gogglebox-steph-dom-jaime-laing-spencer-matthews-the-wanted/

Celebrity Hunted has finally revealed its full lineup, and we really can't wait to see Gogglebox's Steph and Dom on the run.

The posh pair will be joining another previously confirmed posh pair, Jamie Laing and Spencer Matthews, as well as Anneka Rice, and Jay McGuinness and Siva Kaneswaran from The Wanted.

The celebrity edition of the thrilling cat-and-mouse series is in aid of the channel's Stand Up to Cancer fundraising efforts, and will feature the seven contestants as they try to go off the grid and evade capture.

That's going to be a 4 part series, starts this Tuesday at 10.15pm (after Bake Off)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

If it was getting boring couldn't they just ring the camera crew going around with the hunted folk and ask them where they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

bumping as this is on tonight at 10.15pm. Looking forward to Dom going into full ninja mode=)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pretty certain it's on at 21.15 actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am looking forward to this !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm routing for Steph and Dom cos they are bonkers. :D

B and B ?!!!

I like the way they think though !

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Just flicked onto this .
    Even TV3 wouldn’t descend to this level of s***e !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,962 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anneka Rice has aged amazingly! I used to love challenge Anneka.

I like this show but it seems very fake sometimes...

Using the phone was a stupid thing to do , thought they'd be more clever than that .

But they'll escape in time :)

This all feels staged..why would Steph and Dom's mate just hand the information to the hunters.... stupid

I reckon Anneka Rice has the best shot of winning this, as she's probably smarter than the rest of them collectively and is less likely to leave a trail behind her.

It's a bit of a stretch of the format to have a Celebrity Version ... if Celebrities are well known it should be almost impossible for them to go anonymous and stay off grid.

Still nice to see it back. Steph and Dom's Roadtrip should be a show in it's own right, they look like they were enjpying it.
    I reckon Anneka Rice has the best shot of winning this, as she's probably smarter than the rest of them collectively and is less likely to leave a trail behind her.

I agree, and she was taking no prisoners with the woman on the boat who asked for a selfie!

In it to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

New series of Hunted starts on Channel 4 on Thursday 4th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone else getting a very fake/staged vibe from this ep?

Thargor wrote: »
    Yes..... very....more so than any other episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The father and son are as good as gone i reckon. Feel sorry for them as i feel this adventure will cause them problems at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The problem with the format is that it has to be fake, they don't have access to real phone tracking, data, cctv, anpr, facial recognition, etc, it all has to be "replicated" by the production team.

Even if the hunters are not participating in the faking it is up to the producers to feed them accurate info and not to go OTT in order to spice up the show. 6 weeks of some savvy people hiding out in a remote field won't make for very good TV. The temptation to invent some convenient piece of surveillance that is only believable if you don't think too much about it is very high and they have done it repeatedly across the series.

CCTV in particular, ok the pensioner was stupid to go to the coach station and buy a ticket for somewhere but there is no way they could have had a realtime hit from a private cctv feed like that nor an instantaneous return of the ticket she bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ricero wrote: »
    The father and son are as good as gone i reckon. Feel sorry for them as i feel this adventure will cause them problems at home.
    Must have missed that bit, why do you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Vic_08 wrote: »
    CCTV in particular, ok the pensioner was stupid to go to the coach station and buy a ticket for somewhere but there is no way they could have had a realtime hit from a private cctv feed like that nor an instantaneous return of the ticket she bought.

Also when they were watching the "live" CCTV of the people getting on the bus the lady sneaked on in disguise but would the camera man and sound man following her not have been a bit of a giveaway?

The show is based on a good idea i.e. Big Brother is watching you but the actual implementation is flawed because so much of it has to be faked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

ElNino wrote: »
    Also when they were watching the "live" CCTV of the people getting on the bus the lady sneaked on in disguise but would the camera man and sound man following her not have been a bit of a giveaway?

The show is based on a good idea i.e. Big Brother is watching you but the actual implementation is flawed because so much of it has to be faked.

This, a million times this, OH and myself enjoy the show, but consistently ask this question while we are watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Must have missed that bit, why do you say that?

The son is on the autistic spectrum and seems to have self confidence issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dunno what to make of this season, they do a great job of building up the tension etc but how much of it is real is hard to tell. They obviously have to film some scenes after "fugitives" have been caught but how they go about catching them etc seems quite dramatised. In this season they are shown to have live access to CCTV footage (unless I missed the disclaimer) which I find a bit hard to believe and even stuff like remote access to laptops seems a bit extreme, I guess the contestants had to agree to all these stipulations when they signed up

In earlier seasons they didn't have access to CCTV or number plate recognition software, so how in earth did they catch them?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭orionm_73

Looks like one of them has an Irish passport shown in the opening credits...

I hope Alex makes it to the end - I imagine most people are rooting for him to win, even some of the Hunter Team.

I actually like most of the Hunters, but I can't stand the head honcho, Peter Bleksley, so really enjoyed the singers doing the livestream to get one up on him; I just hope for their sake that they manage to get away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The head of the hunters is a dick as is that blonde one who is in one of the cars, just comes across as a bitch. My favourite one is the black haired fella back in the office who was an ex-sniper.

I'd love to know the rules of the series because some of the moves the hunted make are illogical a lot of times, so I wonder is it because they are forced to do so.

I know we should all watch this show with a healthy degree of scepticism, and there could be a lot of constructed scenes presented as reality, but ...

Alex and Bob's reunion and victory had me in bits, and I'm absolutely chuffed for Alex.

• Advertisement

I know we should all watch this show with a healthy degree of scepticism, and there could be a lot of constructed scenes presented as reality, but ...

Alex and Bob's reunion and victory had me in bits, and I'm absolutely chuffed for Alex.

Ditto.

Advertisement