Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home laser hair removal

Options
  • 20-09-2016 1:32pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I did search the forum for this but all the threads were 3+ years old... Has anyone tried home laser hair removal, such as the Philips Lumea or the Braun Silk-expert IPL?

I'm interested in trying it but they're quite pricey, so I don't want to buy one and then find it is totally pointless. A lot of the reviews on Amazon etc seem to be write-ups by people who got them for free so it's hard to know how trustworthy they are, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has one of these!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Why do you want to do it at home out of interest?

I've been getting treatments in a salon for the past few months, and I'm pretty sure lasers would not be suitable for home use, and equally id be skeptical that anything weaker would be effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

I had the Lumea, ended up selling it on eBay. Didn't really have the patience for it and not as effective as Salon. So I stuck with the Salon in the end, as prices have come down so much. I'm happy I did, I wouldn't bother with it again tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Similar to above, I also had one but is gathering dust now. They will never be as strong as medical grade lasers which most reputable salons and clinics use

I found it would take me an age to use as I would be terrified doing it in myself and had to gear myself up to press the button. At least in the clinic the nurse goes quickly!

Advertisement