Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged 1500 euro for roaming

Options
  • 20-09-2016 2:58pm

Hi,

So my service got cut off recently. I went into the shop multiple times to try and figure out what is going on. After about a week of going in everyday someone eventually figures out that I've been charged roughly €1500 for a brief stint of roaming. Since I couldn't pay this, my service was cut off. Apparently I was sent a text informing me, how was I supposed to be receive this text if I had no service...? I've been massively inconvenienced by this; losing out on work most importantly. I talked to your customer support on the phone who assured me he would temporarily reinstate my service so I could get back to work whilst I sorted out this mess. This wasn't done. 

So I suppose my query is, outside of how dreadful customer service has been, how can a single day's roaming cost up to €1500? Where is this money going to warrant such a costly service? I am all for paying my own way through life, I will always pay my debts; but this seems almost like a scam. I'm wracking my brain to understand this cost. Why should I even pay this after being treated like this? What is to stop me stopping communication with you and signing up for another phone company entirely?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi,

So my service got cut off recently. I went into the shop multiple times to try and figure out what is going on. After about a week of going in everyday someone eventually figures out that I've been charged roughly €1500 for a brief stint of roaming. Since I couldn't pay this, my service was cut off. Apparently I was sent a text informing me, how was I supposed to be receive this text if I had no service...? I've been massively inconvenienced by this; losing out on work most importantly. I talked to your customer support on the phone who assured me he would temporarily reinstate my service so I could get back to work whilst I sorted out this mess. This wasn't done. 

So I suppose my query is, outside of how dreadful customer service has been, how can a single day's roaming cost up to €1500? Where is this money going to warrant such a costly service? I am all for paying my own way through life, I will always pay my debts; but this seems almost like a scam. I'm wracking my brain to understand this cost. Why should I even pay this after being treated like this? What is to stop me stopping communication with you and signing up for another phone company entirely?
    Hi Partyjungle, 

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this has happened :( 

I can assure you this is not the level of service eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay this feedback onto the relevant department. 

The cost of roaming can vary depending on what country you are roaming in and what you are doing on the internet. 

Can you advise what country you were in, please? 

Unfortunately, if you switch to another provider you will be charged an early cancellation fee if you are under contract. 

Kind Regards, 
    Ciara

Advertisement