Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving back to uk with oustanding loan in australia

• 20-09-2016 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi guys. as the the title says im moving back home with oustanding bank loan in australia.

looking for some advice?!

about 4.5 months ago i took out $12000 loan ti furnish new apartment i was moving into in australia. all was fine i was paying back loan every week. have paid off just under $2500.

anyways got a call 3 weeks ago to say my one of parents was in bad health and it wasnt looking good.

only bad part of living in oz is being so far away from everyone back home.

anyway turns out the results of tests etc came back and there is nothing more the docs can do in terms of treatment. upon hearing this ****ty news i decided that i had to move back home and be around them.

i still have the guts of $9,500 oustanding. still have some money left in my acc to pay like 2 installments as the flights home etc cost a fortune.

not having much luck sourcing work and im starting to worry about making repayments on my loan.

And before people go pointing fingers and saying im trying to step out on a loan etc. dont bother. i had no intention on leaving australia i loved it there and if everything had kept going the way it was i probably would of stayed there for good. but unfortunately things happen that are out of our control so now im back in the uk with an oustanding bank loan with commonwealth in australia.

what im wondering is what happens if i cant make the repayments anymore?

do i face prosecution?! bad credit history against me here in the uk if i try go for a morgage etc down the road? death collectors. or can they come after me?! iv emailed them pretty much what iv written here and they basically said that they want me to continue with repayments and that failure to pay will result in the loan defaulting etc.

has anyone had any similar situation or know first hand of a case like this. head is fried at the moment. only coming to terms with the had news and the last thing i was thinking off was the loan when i booked my flight home. just had to be here.

anyway guys i hope some of you might be able to help.

and just so ye know im not saying i am going to juat not pay. im hoping things look up here job wise but if not what are my options? or how will it go if i cant pay it.

cheers
    al

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement