Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Good Place (NBC) [**SPOILERS**]

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That was great! :D

Are the next few episodes the last ones, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Posy wrote: »
    Are the next few episodes the last ones, then?
    One next Friday, and then a double episode in a fortnight to finish it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Basq wrote: »
    Tim Olyphant reprising the role of Raylan Givens was excellent!

I think he was just playing himself, no? But a great cameo all the same :D

Loved having this back, even if there are only 2 episodes left :( Wonder where's left to go as it felt like the big aha has already been had, but I guess we'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think he was just playing himself, no? But a great cameo all the same :D
    The credits indicated that alright.. but the outfit he was wearing didn't help. It was more or less lifted straight from Justified! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The credits indicated that alright.. but the outfit he was wearing didn't help. It was more or less lifted straight from Justified! :D

I listen to the good place podcast, it was!! He brought his hat from the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Interview describing how they got him on the show
    https://tvline.com/2020/01/09/the-good-place-timothy-olyphant-season-4-episode-10-justified/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The double episode series finale is on tonight in the States.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:)

I want a Chidi calendar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I lost a lot of love for this show as it went on - after two seasons of wit and invention, I found a lot of its later status quo resets unsatisfying and the general direction of the series messy.

But thankfully that was a sweet, neat finale that wrapped everything up in a way that felt like the show at its best again. Took a long time to get there, but it bowed out confidently and elegantly.

• Advertisement

Would have been a total cop out to show what, if anything, was behind the door.
    Perfect ending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well played The Good Place, well played.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well. That was bittersweet. Not entirely sure their answer to the perfect afterlife worked for me, but they carried it off with heart and honesty. And while the show wobbled in the middle, hanging out with these people was always a joy. I'll miss it for Shur (see what I did there?)

And I've said it before, but bares repeating: what made this show a cut above the rest was that ultimately it had a positive, empathic view of humanity. Yeah, we kinda suck, but we're worth persisting with and have the capacity for goodness if we're given a chance. All the while sneaking in deep philosophical concepts within its margins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Watched this today, lovely ending.

Like most here, I kind of lost this show around the middle, then went back to it and really enjoyed how they wrapped it up. I didn't think the good place/heaven could be sad. Jason and Chidi leaving Janet and Eleanor was :(
    But thankfully that was a sweet, neat finale that wrapped everything up in a way that felt like the show at its best again. Took a long time to get there, but it bowed out confidently and elegantly.
    Couldn't agree more- well said.

I loved how they wrapped up Michael's story. And I noticed that it was his real-life wife teaching him guitar. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw the show finale of the good place for me has to up there as one of the best endings to a show ever. I didn't get a "that's it ?" feeling at the end which was good.

As I said last year Darcy Carden is brilliant and given that my previous knowledge of Jameela Jamill was on channel4 on the weekends years ago she got a bright future in acting as she was very good.

Ted danson is Ted danson enough said.

Kristen bell I'm a big fan of since her appearances on the late show with Craig Ferguson.

I had no previous knowledge of the actors who played Chidi or Jason but again both helped the show become what it became.

• Advertisement

:)

I want a Chidi calendar.

*cue Janet 'boop' noise*

Your wish is apparently granted; the full Twitter thread contains the rest ;)

https://twitter.com/nbcthegoodplace/status/1224757383408173057

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Take it sleazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Good Place podcast did two part special with Mike Schur for the finale, well worth a listen.

I really enjoyed the finale, looking forward to watching the whole series again in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just finished this the other night after watching for the first time last month, there's definitely a bit of a lull in the middle but I don't think it loses its way quite as much as others do. I think the only "bad" part of the show is the stuff in Australia, it gets back on track once they find out about their past afterlives again.

Overall it's probably my favourite Schur show, not as funny as PnR or B99 but it's also way more than its jokes, which I don't think can be said as confidently for the other shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am just a few episodes from the end.
    Loving the last season....some brilliant lines...for some reason I particularly loved...
    "I am a strong independent acid snake!" Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That....finale.....that is how you do a finale.
    Utterly brilliant imo.

If this isn't considered a classic of the era in years' time, I'll be quite shocked.

Btw the podcast for this show is excellent, hosted by Marc Evan Jackson (Shawn) and every episode of the podcast is about an episode of the show, with cast/staff members relevant to that episode guesting on the podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On my quest to clear my huge TV backlog, I finished this today.

Lovely, bittersweet ending to a great show. :(

Been giving this a rewatch and it's just as good as the first time through, maybe even better as I'm able to enjoy some of the not so great episodes that during my first watch had me concerned the show was falling apart. Hard to believe it only finished up early this year.

Though I did realise something funny:
    If every human for the past 520 odd years was sent to the Bad Place, but Mindy St Claire got to go to the Medium Place, does that mean Mindy is the best humanity has had to offer for the past half a millennium?
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just binged the first season the last few days and onto the second. Loving it so far. Main thing though, the guy who plays Chidi is f*cking amazing. His timing and delivery is incredible. Janet is a close second too.

Guy who plays Jason is a bit OTT though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished last night. 3rd season definitely lost its way a bit but man that finale was outstanding. Chidi was definitely the star of the show for me. An amazing character to begin with, and the actor nailed every comedic and dramatic moment. Sublime.

Advertisement