Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaur Jr

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Absolutely fantastic gig! Thought the sound was really great, couldn't hear the vocals but then they're not a vocal band really. Happy enough with the set-list, had a good range of their catalogue. Agreed that the crowd were strangely subdued to begin with, though they did liven up towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not sure what to make of the gig. I kind of knew what to expect, but for a neutral, it could have come across as unprofessional but that's what you're getting with Dinosaur Jr I suppose.

Some really good moments, but some boring moments too. I wouldn't put it down as a gig to remember. It was good though. Lou was really into it. Can't fault the playing, but would have liked to have been able to hear the vocals, especially on Lou's tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

seachto7 wrote: »
    but for a neutral, it could have come across as unprofessional but that's what you're getting with Dinosaur Jr I suppose

I know what you mean- they have always faffed around between songs tuning & half-jamming, with no audience interaction. If anything I thought there was a lot less of this last night than usual. I did wonder what is the point of J having a Guitar Tech if he still has to re-tune his guitar :confused: However they are very tight & "professional" once they get going, that's for sure.

What I LOVE about seeing them live is that you can REALLY hear Lou's bass. On album he is way back in the mix, but there's no holding him back live!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Sound issues on vocals aside I enjoyed this immensely. Even managed to meet J before the gig (he's full of chat I swear!)

Good setlist, would have liked to heard Pick me Up though, but I'd go again if they come back.

Gotta love Lou's almost Lemmy-esque bass stylings as well.

Advertisement