Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom molded mouth guard

• 20-09-2016 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

The custom shield from a dentist seem to vary a good bit, anywhere from €180 to €60, I'm in Limerick.

I got a kick on the lower jaw that made me realize I need something better than this cheap one I wear now, if the kick was any more powerful i'd have been visiting A&E. I think a shield that is designed for lower and upper arches is safer for TaekwonDo, but I'm.not 100%

Has anyone experience using one, are they worth the premium over the standard boil/bite ones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Absolutely worth it. Even the top end off the shelf gumshields don't hold a candle to a custom in my experience.

Lots of clubs (in Dublin anyway) have someone come around to take the impressions - maybe ask your instructor if it's something they've considered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Do you have a single or double arch shield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Impact gumshields send an impression kit to you and make it for you for ~ €50 or thereabouts, you can even do your own design. I have one and its fantastic, couldn't recommend them enough. https://impactdental.eu/

Advertisement