Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

conger fishing around dublin

Options
  • 20-09-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all , can anyone tell me where is nice spot to catch the conger around Dublin? some of the lads told me that there is big conger in Howth harbour on the west pier, i was there once on high tide ,on the evening and nothing.. maybe i was on wrong side ,, can anyone tell me where is the best spot in howth please..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

If you're gonna try then on a pier how do you expect to get them up the pier?? If you hook into a 30+lb fish??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flowerman

i have heavy landing net attached to the rope ..i can drop the net in to the water and bring the conger in to it and lift him up using the rope,, it works perfect when u fishing from the clifs or from the high pier .

lads please advice ... im planing to go tomorrow evening to Howth .. any idea where is the beast conger? along the pier ? but which side ? near the ships inside the harbor or outside on the back pier where the anglers catching mackerels?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Go to the top of the west pier, upto where the steps are the lads mackerel fish from, heavy gear will be needed! Flapper of mack big hook strong line and cast near to the rocks on the right side of the steps. Hope you have a net sorted as it will be a bastard to try land by hand! I know for fact that 2 years ago there was a 27lb conger around there that had been caught a few times! Good luck!

perfect.. thanks a mill for info Gumbo1 , i have strong gear and landing net too,, ready for the monster.. will let u know how it goes today ,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

How'd ya get on?

gumbo1: i was there last night and no conger,, very windy and wind blow out he rods ,, u cant even see if there is any bite ,,, will try again soon and will let u know .

Advertisement