Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pierced nose - Unpierced ears - strange?

• 20-09-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've never had my ears done cos it just never appealed to me, but i got my nose done a couple of days ago cos I think a tiny diamond there looks sweet.

My Dad is bugging me to either take it out or get my ears done as well cos he thinks a nose stud on its own is wild strange.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

If you like it leave it as it is. Get your Dad a voucher for a piercing for Christmas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I must have missed the memo that said you had to get piercings in order from "most socially acceptable" to "Prince Albert". It's your body, decorate it however you please. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's what Dad's do... my Dad still doesn't like nail polish!

As long as you like it, and you're comfortable with it, he'll just have to put up with it. Probably won't stop him muttering though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I never knew that you had to have your ears pierced before you can pierce somewhere else. Lol you should tell your Dad that you will get your ears pierced when he does!

Seriously I would just ignore him. He will soon forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Ha, you should hear some of the things that my Dad has said about some of my fashion choices over the years, and I've fairly mainstream tastes!

When got my naturally very dark hair dyed blonde, he told me that it looked "terrible, truly awful"

He was also fierce pass remarkable when I first started wearing make up.

Dads just don't like change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Not strange at all! It sounds nice.

My dad thinks I'm ~too old~ at 25 to get a nose piercing... Moral of the story, dads are not stylists.

Advertisement