Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See Sense Icon plus lights

Options
  • 20-09-2016 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Has anyone purchase these lights? Are they good/bright etc. Is there sufficient light off the front one to use it as s standalone light cycling in unlit country roads? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Smalltom wrote: »
    Has anyone purchase these lights? Are they good/bright etc. Is there sufficient light off the front one to use it as s standalone light cycling in unlit country roads? TIA

If you want to be seen from space, go for the plus variant. The standard Icons are fine. More than fine, to the point that I don't actually understand why the plus versions even exist.

I am running the normal Icons at 40% of their brightness at the moment, and that even blinds me in the mornings.

I find A&E mode is rather cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm running a regular See.Sense Icon on the rear and it is plenty bright. I have a different set on the front.

They're a lovely light, but I haven't decided if they're worth the premium. The bluetooth features are definitely a gimmick imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Don't have any of the See.Sense lights, but from knowing people with them they are probably among the best "be seen" lights going, though the lack of a focussing lens or mirror on them severely impairs their ability as a light to see with, IMHO, as while the lumen output may be high, it is too diffuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

The bluetooth features are definitely a gimmick imo.

I'd agree but I do like how you can set the percentage of brightness. The other stuff I'd never use, crash alert etc.
    cython wrote: »
    Don't have any of the See.Sense lights, but from knowing people with them they are probably among the best "be seen" lights going, though the lack of a focussing lens or mirror on them severely impairs their ability as a light to see with, IMHO, as while the lumen output may be high, it is too diffuse.

They are just "to be seen lights"

They are in no way meant to be used as headlights for bikes. You get them yokes on Aliexpress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Has anyone experienced their bike-thief-alarm mode or their crash-help mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

If you want to be seen from space, go for the plus variant. The standard Icons are fine. More than fine, to the point that I don't actually understand why the plus versions even exist.

I am running the normal Icons at 40% of their brightness at the moment, and that even blinds me in the mornings.

I find A&E mode is rather cool too.

Is the brightness level the only difference between the regular ones and the Icon+ version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I have the + version front and rear.

The front light, is definitely not suitable as a headlight for unlit country roads. Even on the highest brightness setting with the light on constant (not flashing) there is no focusing lens to project light forward. They are definitely only suitable for "be seen" lights, however they do this job very well. My wife drove behind me one morning leaving our estate and she commented that the change in flashing pattern and increased intensity while I was slowing ant an intersection caught her attention. I run mine day and night between 40 and 60%.

Advertisement