Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android box staggering live streaming on new eir broadband - help!

• 20-09-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just got eir installed in the house, speed tests tell me I'm getting download speeds of in and around 25-40 Mbps, which I would have thought should be fast enough for streaming.

Problem is that when I use my android box for RTE player and other live streams it staggers. Didn't have this problem with my last provider (Virgin), but it's much worse now.

I would have thought that it should run smoothly given the speeds I'm getting, so I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing with router settings etc that might fix it?

One thing to note - the android box only picks up the 2.5G connection to the modem, not the 5G - would that make a difference?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can you cable the Android box to the router? On a wi-fi connection, there shouldn't be any difference between 2.5 Ghz and 5 Ghz at those speeds. See if you can set a large buffer for the android box, it will be slower to start but there should be less jumping.

Advertisement