Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starter compatibility

• 20-09-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭

So lads, the starter in my 97 E101 Corolla's starter has finally bit the bullet.

Haven't had a chance to get to a breakers yet, but it seems that Traynors have a couple of 2001 Corolla (E110) starters in stock. Am I right in thinking (with the engines' carrying over to the new model) that they're the same or should I say compatible? 25bills is not be sniffed at.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Which engine do you have? What power output?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

01 would be vvti engine so I'd imagine it's not suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

shietpilot wrote: »
    Which engine do you have? What power output?

Its the 4EFE 1.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

So lads, the starter in my 97 E101 Corolla's starter has finally bit the bullet.

Haven't had a chance to get to a breakers yet, but it seems that Traynors have a couple of 2001 Corolla (E110) starters in stock. Am I right in thinking (with the engines' carrying over to the new model) that they're the same or should I say compatible? 25bills is not be sniffed at.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Engines were changed for the 2000 model year to vvti units. The uk built 5 door liftback(from late 98) will also have a different starter(afaik) so make sure you get one from a japanese model(saloon, estate or 3 door hatchback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Engines were changed for the 2000 model year to vvti units. The uk built 5 door liftback(from late 98) will also have a different starter(afaik) so make sure you get one from a japanese model(saloon, estate or 3 door hatchback.

Cheers man. They're only 2001 in Traynors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement