Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloning SSD to HDD for laptop

Options
  • 20-09-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭

So I bought an SSD for my laptop with the intention of transferring the OS and all files from my HDD to it, but I don't have a SATA-USB cable to do so. Could I use my PC which has more than one HDD/SSD port and clone it on there? Or do I have to go and buy the cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

So I bought an SSD for my laptop with the intention of transferring the OS and all files from my HDD to it, but I don't have a SATA-USB cable to do so. Could I use my PC which has more than one HDD/SSD port and clone it on there? Or do I have to go and buy the cable?

I presume you're talking about connecting it internally? If you have a spare SATA cable inside, then go for it. It'll show up as another drive in the exact same way that the USB-SATA would do.

In fact the cloning will probably be a lot faster too!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I presume you're talking about connecting it internally? If you have a spare SATA cable inside, then go for it. It'll show up as another drive in the exact same way that the USB-SATA would do.

In fact the cloning will probably be a lot faster too!!! :D

Cool I'll give it a shot so

Advertisement