Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing alloy wheels from china

Options
  • 20-09-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, im looking to get a full 20ft container of alloy wheels from china to ireland. Had anyone been across with all the stuff that needs to be done, like customs and shiping cost? What do i need to ask the suplier before making the order? How does the shiping work? Do i need to go to the docks my self and unload the container ? Maybe there is a company that takes care of all of this stuff? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Product liability insurance will be important here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Send a pm to Rudolf289 and he will be able to advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

@Laimonas, have you been to China and inspected the product yourself? I can't urge you enough to do so if you haven't. China has a very different business accumen to the rest of the world and once that product leaves the warehouse, you won't be getting a cent back on any investment. I'd either go yourself (A flight to China is actually pretty cheap) or get someone to inspect before it leaves the shores. Likewise, I'd try get a strong agreement in place as regards part payment once goods are inspected.

Last thing is quality, I'm not aware of any CE or EU regulations but you'd want to be covering yourself here. Build standards can be low in China and you are ultimately dealing with a life or death aspect to a car. Might look great but it could be the cheapest of the cheap aluminium and you could be up before a court for a defective product. I'd thread really carefully in China and I say that from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭enricoh

A mate of mine got a set of alloys off a lad here that imports alloys from China n they were pure junk. The alloys cracked everywhere from being too light.
    If u have no assets (in event of court) n a thick neck (for disgruntled customers) go for it, if not make sure what yet getting is quality

Advertisement