Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD: Black Op's 1 .....

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

:o Yes. I know. But, I'm a newb!

MWD. Hudson rips the wires out. Exits that room and goes left, left down the stairs. As soon as he reaches the left hand turn in the gang plank, someone shouts something (I'm sorry. I'm clinically Very deaf and just can't make it out)

Then, we switch to the Middle of the gang plank, where some guy hangs on for a second before dropping into the abyss. Yeah?

Now, I know how to sprint. But, I've tried turning round, to back up to that turning and get a run up. It won't let me. So, I do a Wylee Coyotee and press Sprint / Jump. And plummet :rolleyes:

Worst thing is; I made it, a couple of times. Only to get lost in the white out, and / or plummet anyway.

What am I missing here, please? Apart from the other side of that bloody gang plank!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Stigura wrote: »
    :o Yes. I know. But, I'm a newb!

MWD. Hudson rips the wires out. Exits that room and goes left, left down the stairs. As soon as he reaches the left hand turn in the gang plank, someone shouts something (I'm sorry. I'm clinically Very deaf and just can't make it out)

Then, we switch to the Middle of the gang plank, where some guy hangs on for a second before dropping into the abyss. Yeah?

Now, I know how to sprint. But, I've tried turning round, to back up to that turning and get a run up. It won't let me. So, I do a Wylee Coyotee and press Sprint / Jump. And plummet :rolleyes:

Worst thing is; I made it, a couple of times. Only to get lost in the white out, and / or plummet anyway.

What am I missing here, please? Apart from the other side of that bloody gang plank!

Thanks.

"RPG on the ledge"

Skip to 7.18 to see the part your stuck on.

You have to stick with the bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Stigura

Waffles, would ye believe that I Literally just had several more cracks at that bloody bridge?! I had another go this evening. Stone cold sober. Fresh as a new day. Not a care in the world. Focused.

Couldn't do Sh1t with it!!!

Rang my mate ~ younger guy. Been playing since PS1 or 2. Vastly experienced. Best he could offer was that ye just get to be natural at it :rolleyes: Bloody brilliant!

The guy on ye vid' there makes it. Second try. But, HOW?

I've tried sprinting / push L3 button top (It makes me sprint inside the building and everywhere else) and pressing X. My mate suggested pausing a second, before hitting X. To get some momentum.

Tonight, I realised I get two results: 1. I plummet. 2. I plummet, and get the message that I failed to keep up with my team.

Now, I've tired hurtling down those stairs like a bullet. I've tried wandering down there, even pausing before taking that left hand turn that invokes the RPG strike and matey reaching for my hand. Nuff'n!

W T F
    must I do, to make that jump?!? No matter how hot on the heals of the guy in front I am, Nothing seems to alter the sequence of the RPG strike and matey reaching, before he drops. Then, I appear to have a split second to make that jump.

Plummet :o

What Am I Missing Here :confused:

Oh, and Thank You, so much, for even replying! :)

Stop over thinking it. Sprint jump leg it! Are you playing on hardest difficulty from what I remember veteran can be annoying like that.

Nope. Playing on the easiest / recruit level.

I've literally only played about four or five games, to completion, in my life. CoD MW3 being the only one on PS3. Basically did that and started on this. Loving It!!! CoD is definitely my style! :D

Just this bloody bridge!

Now, granted, I Did get in deep sh1t earlier. Viet Nam? But, that was because of my deafness. I can't hear what my commanders are telling me. I never got the thing about the napalm barrels till I watched a walk through on the tube.

My old TV is useless. Watching on the tube, I can see and hear so much better. But, all that's telling me is " RPG! " (I'd already spotted the vapour trail) Nothing I've seen, thus far, gives me any better idea how to jump that bloody gap :(

Nope. Playing on the easiest / recruit level.

I've literally only played about four or five games, to completion, in my life. CoD MW3 being the only one on PS3. Basically did that and started on this. Loving It!!! CoD is definitely my style! :D

Just this bloody bridge!

Now, granted, I Did get in deep sh1t earlier. Viet Nam? But, that was because of my deafness. I can't hear what my commanders are telling me. I never got the thing about the napalm barrels till I watched a walk through on the tube.

My old TV is useless. Watching on the tube, I can see and hear so much better. But, all that's telling me is " RPG! " (I'd already spotted the vapour trail) Nothing I've seen, thus far, gives me any better idea how to jump that bloody gap :(

There should be CC subtitles in the pause menu. Keep trying it you will eventually get it. Its all muscle memory after a while. A gaming headset might help you out if you have to have the volume high to hear it.

• Advertisement

Muscle Memory.

Someone said that to me, recently. In a post, or on the phone? Dunno.

Someone (else?) also mentioned sub titles. My answer was that I have enough to do, looking out for idiots with machine guns coming at me, without being busy reading; " Stigura! Idiot with a machine gun coming at ye from the ..... Oooh! That must have hurt! "

No worries. I hope to be getting a new hearing aid, next week. Then I'll out hear the lot of ye! :p

Buying a new, proper, TV too ~ I've managed to balls it up and am discussing That sh1t on the TV board. It's like a Game, keeping my head wrapped round what's going on, where!

But, yeah; New hearing aid? Fantastic, Games oriented TV? I'll be rocking!

If I can Only get over this f**king bridge!!!!!

aw
    Someone said that to me, recently. In a post, or on the phone? Dunno.

Someone (else?) also mentioned sub titles. My answer was that I have enough to do, looking out for idiots with machine guns coming at me, without being busy reading; " Stigura! Idiot with a machine gun coming at ye from the ..... Oooh! That must have hurt! "

No worries. I hope to be getting a new hearing aid, next week. Then I'll out hear the lot of ye! :p

Buying a new, proper, TV too ~ I've managed to balls it up and am discussing That sh1t on the TV board. It's like a Game, keeping my head wrapped round what's going on, where!

But, yeah; New hearing aid? Fantastic, Games oriented TV? I'll be rocking!

If I can Only get over this f**king bridge!!!!!

Does the aid have Bluetooth you could buy a Bluetooth transmitter and pair!

:confused: I woke up with a hunch, today. This sh1t's obviously eating me enough that I'm trying to process it in my sleep .....

It struck me: Is it possible? I restart the game, every time, in a room. Then, I hammer down the factory floor, so on and so forth.

I wonder ..... In that room, I'd likely to have been coming under fire. And, what do we do when we're under fire ....?

Just struck me: Have I ever actually stood up straight now that there's no more bullets flying?! I could have been dashing around in a crouch. Trying to leap, still crouching!

I'll give it a try, later. Imagine if I just sail over that gap. How sick will I feel! :pac:

:confused: I woke up with a hunch, today. This sh1t's obviously eating me enough that I'm trying to process it in my sleep .....

It struck me: Is it possible? I restart the game, every time, in a room. Then, I hammer down the factory floor, so on and so forth.

I wonder ..... In that room, I'd likely to have been coming under fire. And, what do we do when we're under fire ....?

Just struck me: Have I ever actually stood up straight now that there's no more bullets flying?! I could have been dashing around in a crouch. Trying to leap, still crouching!

I'll give it a try, later. Imagine if I just sail over that gap. How sick will I feel! :pac:

No fun in a non challenge.

Nope. Man, this is just getting well beyond a bloody joke now!

I was crouching. So, I stood up. I even make sure I'm standing up after wrecking the electrics.

Down the stairs we go. Tried lurking in the doorway. No RPG. That only triggers when I reach the corner of the gangway. And it always places me looking at ye man there, about to drop.

No matter what I do now; I fail to make the jump. Plummet.

Turn round and back up for a run in? " You Failed To Keep Up With Your Team ", the moment I take a step :(

I'd pay some spotty kid good money, just to come here and get over that infernal bridge!

I absolutely abhor the thought of giving up on a game ~ especially such a great one. But, I'm not Playing any more. Three nights now, I've been ripping out wires and plunging to my doom. Over and over and over and ..... It's getting pretty f**king old, quite frankly!

• Advertisement

Take a break and come back to it. Could be worse like the world at war campaign mode were you have to down every fighter pilot in a mission in order to get an achievement. I spent about 2 weeks straight trying to do that and couldn't get the achievement.

I used to really enjoy Pacific Warriors, on PS2. Being a Jap, in a Zero. Generally buzzing about the place, shooting at and blowing up anything that came in view. Just for the sake of it. That was great fun!

Ran up against a couple of septic fighters and it was curtains for me, every time. Still enjoyed it though. At least I crashed and burned with my guns blazing. Didn't just plunge down a mountain side :(

Got CoD Ghosts here. No way I'm touching that yet though. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 ~ Vegas 1 & 2. My mate was raving about them. Reckons they're right up my street. Looking forward to relishing them.

Finally, I have Hit Man, 1,2 & 3. Tried one out, the other night. Got told I was ready far too early though. I need to clear my mind and go back to that. Train much more thoroughly though. And get out of this 'shoot who ever appears' mentality.

I really Love CoD. But, it does leave ye a bit trigger happy, doesn't it? :D

Hey! What's the Zombie bit like? Maybe I could go over to that for a bit?

I used to really enjoy Pacific Warriors, on PS2. Being a Jap, in a Zero. Generally buzzing about the place, shooting at and blowing up anything that came in view. Just for the sake of it. That was great fun!

Ran up against a couple of septic fighters and it was curtains for me, every time. Still enjoyed it though. At least I crashed and burned with my guns blazing. Didn't just plunge down a mountain side :(

Got CoD Ghosts here. No way I'm touching that yet though. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 ~ Vegas 1 & 2. My mate was raving about them. Reckons they're right up my street. Looking forward to relishing them.

Finally, I have Hit Man, 1,2 & 3. Tried one out, the other night. Got told I was ready far too early though. I need to clear my mind and go back to that. Train much more thoroughly though. And get out of this 'shoot who ever appears' mentality.

I really Love CoD. But, it does leave ye a bit trigger happy, doesn't it? :D

Hey! What's the Zombie bit like? Maybe I could go over to that for a bit?

Zombies is great fun very challenging.

I've cracked it, Waffles!!! :D Un f**king believable!

It's the blast from the RPG. It leaves me weakened! If I try to jump? I fall. What I need to do is just stand there, like a stuffed dummy. Just for a second.

Matey plummets anyway. But, in that second of Not jumping, the blood spatter ~ which I hadn't been registering, due to a combination of sub par graphics and general adrenalin ~ clears. I then skip across like a Boss!

Granted, I then slip off the f***ing mountain, or lose my team in the blizzard! :rolleyes: But, keep running after them and I'll pick up which ways to run, of course!

Right. Now I've got to keep sprinting around in that white out till it suddenly says we've made it. This I can handle. Because it's just game play.

LOL! I'll probably be jumping that bridge, just because I can, now! :P

See though? I bitch 'n moan and vent my frustration. But, I Don't bloody give up! :cool:

I've f**kin Finished it!!! Chuffed.gif

Ye have to realise, I'd be lucky if that's five games I've ever played!

Funny thing was, I thought I'd come here and mention that the river patrol boat, with " Sympathy for the Devil " was probably the sexiest bit of the whole game! That was Pure 'Nam! :D I f**kin Loved it!

Then, just as I'm thinking that? It starts up again on the end credits! Beautiful!

Half four. My head sort of aches. God alone knows how I'm mean't to sleep in the next hour?! I'm Buzzing! :p

Sod it! It's not every day I finish a whole game! I think I bloody well Deserve a second crafty sniff of Mr Jameson's finest! LOL-1.gif

And I'll raise a glass to you, Whaffles; For humouring me and sticking with me as I stuck at it like an increasingly desperate Bulldog!

Well, it's just adrenalin speaking now. But, in the next month? I hope to have a new hearing aid and a proper, HDMI TV too! I'll be able to Hear people yelling at me to get the napalm barrels or grab the RPG and knock out something coming from the left.

I'll even be able to See what I'm shooting at :rolleyes:

Far Cry 2 arrived today. But, I think I'll try Tom Clancy ~ Vegas 1 first. Then, I can do Far. Then Vegas 2. Or maybe Ghosts.

God. I need to buy more games! 412e026e.gif

Sláinte!

Advertisement