Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondment London 3 months

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I will be doing a secondment in London soon for 3 months, currently based in Dublin.

My accom is covered afaik.

I am quiet worried about the cost of living in London compared to here as well as loosing all my home comforts in Dublin - gym,car,travel etc.

What is the norm for an employer here in this circumstance ? Am I entitled to anything here or is up to the the employer?

Thanks........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I would assume this varies from company to company but I've worked for 2 multinationals so far and both would give per diems in such an instance to cover your living expenses. In terms of a legal entitlement? Not sure there's anything.

Not availing of your stuff in Dublin like the gym, sorry but I'd say that's just hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I know from my friend doing a 6 month stint in London that the accommodation for her was covered but that there was no per diem as she was increased to the London wage (which was much higher than the Dublin equivalent) for the time she was there. In terms of home comforts like car, gym etc unfortunately Interested Observer is right and they don't really have to cover any of that or take it into account. London doesn't have to be that expensive, it just depends on where the accommodation is in relation to your work place and also how often you eat out.

Advertisement