Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Society Preliminary Exam

Options
  • 21-09-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    I am dead set on sitting the Preliminary Exam in February/March of next year. I have just received my past papers today and I am ready to hit the books. If anyone could offer some advice on the best way to prep for this exam(s) , I would be forever grateful. If you think you have anything to offer , let me know :)
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

Search here - I have been rather taken with the work backwards approach offered by a long time poster who has not, unfortunately, departed.

Identify the topics using the syllabus. Grab a calendar and work backwards giving yourself one day per topic, the two days a topic, then three days a topic. As you get closer and closer to the exam you're covering topics again and again at a faster and faster rate. If it's sinking in, perfect, if it's not it's time to start thinking about drastic measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Hi guys,
    I am dead set on sitting the Preliminary Exam in February/March of next year. I have just received my past papers today and I am ready to hit the books. If anyone could offer some advice on the best way to prep for this exam(s) , I would be forever grateful. If you think you have anything to offer , let me know :)
    Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I am in the same boat with regards to the exams. I have al of my past papers and I can see the syllabus is now on the law society's website. Have you started any prep courses ?

Advertisement