Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iranian mother and daughter defy cycling fatwa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

degsie wrote: »
    I presume the 'corruption' comment refers to red light running.

No, not using the bike lanes provided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

neris wrote: »
    No, not using the bike lanes provided

The special chastity lanes that repel the eyes of lustful men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I was wondering about this when watching the coverage of IM70.3 Stafford on Bike TV over the weekend. They interviewed an Iranian female competitor and followed her progress through the race.
    How seriously do average Iranians adhere to the pontifications of these nutjobs, I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

cjt156 wrote: »
    I was wondering about this when watching the coverage of IM70.3 Stafford on Bike TV over the weekend. They interviewed an Iranian female competitor and followed her progress through the race.
    How seriously do average Iranians adhere to the pontifications of these nutjobs, I wonder?

Probably as much as the average Irish person adhered to the pontification of the nutjob Pontiff in the 1950s: in other words, enough to send their teenage daughters into imprisonment in Magdalen Laundries if they looked crooked at a fella.

• Advertisement
Advertisement