Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 21-09-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

I have changed both my avatar and profile picture but the little icon beside my username on the header bar hasn't changed and is still showing the old one. This is after I have logged out, cleared all temp/cache files, closed browser and logged back in. I have also tried different browsers. Will it eventually catch up or is this an error that needs to be fixed? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Your avatar & profile pic are both the same (a pic of you I assume) when I view it. Is that correct?

If not, what are you expecting to see as your profile pic (larger pic top left) & as your avatar (smaller pic top right) on your user profile page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

You are correct, on my profile page is a larger picture of me on the left and a smaller picture of me on the right.

What I am referring to is this image:-Capture_zpslkyepcls.jpg

The old avatar is still there. How do I change that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just in case, check the show avatars is turned on in the user CP.

If it's already enabled, then you'll need clear the cached content from your browser. Ctrl+F5 should also work.

Showing avatars is enabled, always has been.

As my post above, I had already done all that you suggested and tried different browsers that have never accessed Boards before, so the old avatar couldn't be in their cache, yet the old avatar still shows up.

...and just like that, it has now randomly appeared. The forum software must have just taken its time in catching up!

Sorry for the hassle. At least it's sorted. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement