Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maxol Fuel Economy Run This Sunday

• 21-09-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

If any of you are old enough to remember the Fuel Ecomony run back in the day, you will be delighted to hear that the concept is being revived- this weekend- as The Maxol Fuel Economy Drive!
    This Sunday I will be running the Economy Run.
    It starts at Maxol's M3 Mulhuddart Services in Dublin at 9am - competitors will receive their instructions and road book, cars will be filled to the brim, tanks and bonnets sealed and away they go. Lunch stop and return to Dublin mid afternoon. There will be secret checkpoints on the way to ensure all competitors complete the entire route and there may even be other challenges to add fun to the event.

Entry Fee of just €30- all of which goes to the Aware charity and it includes a €20 fuel voucher and a Lunch voucher.

Classes As Follows:

Petrol Cars
    Diesel Cars
    Hybrids
    Classic Cars
    LCVs (Vans)

Competitors must pre register and can do so on this link- http://www.maxol.ie/fueleconomydrive

Prizes for "Spirit of The Event" and Worst MPG achieved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cool idea for a day out if nothing else, but I don't think I'd be too good at the economy part what with my somewhat heavy right foot and a car that's not ideal for pottering around town in that sense :)

When the second route is completed the officials and only the officials, will open the seals and supervise the refilling of the car with Maxol Fuel at the finish point. This fuel top up will be compliments of Maxol.

So you'll be heading home with a full tank regardless of result?
    Is the finish the same place as the start?
    sounds like a bit of a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cool idea to get you to go to Maxol in Mulhuddart and buy a tank of diesel!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Cool idea for a day out if nothing else, but I don't think I'd be too good at the economy part what with my somewhat heavy right foot and a car that's not ideal for pottering around town in that sense :)

I'm thinking the same.
    it shouldnt really cost you anything to enter considering they will fill you up when you get to the end,according to the rules page.

would be a shame if someone was to...you know.
    not try and save fuel.......but the opposite in fact....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'm thinking the same.
    it shouldnt really cost you anything to enter considering they will fill you up when you get to the end,according to the rules page.

I think I'd be profiting even if I did my very best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

I'm thinking the same.

You fill up at the start, at your own expense, but can use the €20 voucher included in your entry towards this. Maxol cover the cost of refilling the cars at the end, which is in the same place yes.
    Oh and there is an award for the worst fuel economy too!!!

Advertisement