Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trains during Bus Strike

Options
  • 21-09-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Has anyone commuted to and from Clonsilla/Coolmine when there's a bus strike? I will be doing so on Friday and was wondering how chaotic its likely to be at peak times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I boarded at Coolmine on a bus strike day a week or two ago, it was the 8.16am to Bray train. It was fine, got quite busy at Ashtown but I've seen it much busier, nothing like the boom time crush years!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

It might depend on what time you're getting your train as I get the 7.13am train from Clonsilla everyday and the last few bus strike days it's been wedged.

I saw a few regular train users at Castleknock and onwards unable to board the train as it was so packed. (not that they are more entitled to board the train but just that I recognised them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I usually get the 7.13 or 7.31 from Clonsilla & on the days of the bus strikes its been far busier than normal, no great surprise that really. Standing room only at Clonsilla & wedged by the time it left Castleknock. Its gotten busier as each of the batch of strike days progressed BTW.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Train this morning was not too bad, just a bit busier than a normal day, but Fridays are generally quiet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

AlanG wrote: »
    Train this morning was not too bad, just a bit busier than a normal day, but Fridays are generally quiet anyway.

I managed to finagle a lift this morning, but will have to face the hordes at Pearse Station this evening !

• Advertisement
Advertisement