Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ported to Lyca & can't receive texts!

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi, I recently ported my daughter's Samsung Galaxy J3 to Lyca from 3 but she isn't receiving any text messages (sms) since changing over...
    I called Lyca about it but they don't have a clue...
    Any ideas please?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Try this

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭unreg999

Tried all that, thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

It's likely a porting related issue. Lyca need to inform other operators of a routing issue and ask them to check the routing has updated properly after the port. This should happen automatically but in rare occasions there are issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

In your apps there should be something like SIM Toolkit. Check the settings in it, to make sure that Lyca is configured to Irish settings.

I'm with Lyca in Holland and had similar issues before when roaming. Couldn't pick up any network at all. Had to change settings in SIM Toolkit to Roaming. Dunno if same happens with Lyca in Ireland but worth a look.

Advertisement