Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged By Meteor After Switching To Eir

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi.

Last month we switched our Tv,Broadband, Home Phone and Mobiles to Eir in Store in Dublin.

We were told by the sales rep that although we had a month left of our 24 month mobile contract with Meteor that we could switch and Meteor wouldn't charge us because you are the same company etc.. He checked our Meteor account details on the computer and the manager in store had to authorise the switch ovet. We even had to pay a nominal sum in store to cover the cost if calls and texts remaining on our Meteor account before we could switch.

Meteor are now looking for there last months payment and say that it doesn't matter that we switched to Eir and this should have been explained to us.

Can you get to the bottom of this for me. Really not happy paying for 2 separate contracts from the same company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭ra0044

Hi.

Anyone ???

Really need an answer

Still nothing.

Please respond asap.

Regards

Still no response.

dissapointing to say the least.

anyone????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ra0044 wrote: »
    Hi.

Last month we switched our Tv,Broadband, Home Phone and Mobiles to Eir in Store in Dublin.

We were told by the sales rep that although we had a month left of our 24 month mobile contract with Meteor that we could switch and Meteor wouldn't charge us because you are the same company etc.. He checked our Meteor account details on the computer and the manager in store had to authorise the switch ovet. We even had to pay a nominal sum in store to cover the cost if calls and texts remaining on our Meteor account before we could switch.

Meteor are now looking for there last months payment and say that it doesn't matter that we switched to Eir and this should have been explained to us.

Can you get to the bottom of this for me. Really not happy paying for 2 separate contracts from the same company.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ra0044,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delayed response, I'm afraid I would be unable to assist with a Meteor issue directly from here. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting them via boards or their Facebook or Twitter page.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ra0044,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delayed response, I'm afraid I would be unable to assist with a Meteor issue directly from here. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting them via boards or their Facebook or Twitter page.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Pamela.

I contacted them and they passed the buck to Eir as they were the ones who terminated our contract with meteor to move us to Eir. It was an Eir employee ok'd the early termination of the contract as according to him you are both the same company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement