Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking ahead (2018)

• 21-09-2016 1:02pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently have an A6 avant, great car.

Currently have 2 kids (just over 2 years and 7 months).
    Plan to have another one arriving Jan/Feb 2018.

For those in the know are there any MPV or 7 seater (SUV) new/facelift models due out end of 2017/start 2018?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

For those in the know are there any MPV or 7 seater (SUV) new/facelift models due out end of 2017/start 2018?

Thanks

New models of Scenic and 5008 are coming out. I don't know if they are MY2017 or MY2018 though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Skoda Kodiak 7 seater SUV is being launched at the end of this year.
    VW Tiguan 7 seater is also being launched early next year.
    New Audi Q5 is due next year.
    Volvo have a new XC60 due soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Bentley Bentayga diesel coming soon��

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ofcork wrote: »
    Bentley Bentayga diesel coming soon��

slightly out of budget!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

bazz26 wrote: »
    Skoda Kodiak 7 seater SUV is being launched at the end of this year.
    VW Tiguan 7 seater is also being launched early next year.
    New Audi Q5 is due next year.
    Volvo have a new XC60 due soon too.

Kodiak looks interesting.

Wifes friend has a new Xtrail which she likes, however I prefer the boxy previous version.

We had looked at an outlander last year but between the dealer not calling me back despite me chasing and the realisation we didnt need a 7 seater SUV for 2 kids we knocked it on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Outlander is a pretty old design now, it's had more facelifts than Cher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks

coming from an a6 you are going to hate cheaper cars.
    I went from a BMW to a hyundai santa fe and hated every minute in that plastic cheapass poxy suv. Sure the space is fine but damnit I missed my comfort, my leather, the power, the higher quality everything.
    Buy a Q7 or X5 or the Volvo equivalent and have the best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Blazer wrote: »
    coming from an a6 you are going to hate cheaper cars.
    I went from a BMW to a hyundai santa fe and hated every minute in that plastic cheapass poxy suv. Sure the space is fine but damnit I missed my comfort, my leather, the power, the higher quality everything.
    Buy a Q7 or X5 or the Volvo equivalent and have the best of both worlds.

Op is buying new from the question he is asking, the cost of ownership of the cars you are suggesting is very high .The cheapest of the 3 the xc90 starts at around 65k.If you want any few extras you are over 70 very quickly. The new Peugeot 5008 and Skoda kodiaq with a nice spec should be possible for 45/50 easily and would have far more toys/luxuries than the other 3.Also the emissions are good on them ,servicing/maintenance would be cheaper and you probably get a better warranty. Op needs to give more info really, budget, mileage etc.I went from a basic 3 series to a good spec accord before and it was night and day in favour of the accord. Of course if you go from a good spec BMW to a basic Santa fe there is a difference, but if you go from a good spec BMW to a basic BMW there is also a big difference

I'd be looking to spend 50K max tbh, the A6 will then become "my" car and I cycle to work so it will really just be used at weekends.

We may end up trading in the A6 for the new car and getting a cheaper run around though for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's also Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
    Both are 7 seaters and could be nicely specced for 50k. Not sure about resale value though.
    The S-max is new so wouldn't be changing for a few years at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'd be looking to spend 50K max tbh, the A6 will then become "my" car and I cycle to work so it will really just be used at weekends.

We may end up trading in the A6 for the new car and getting a cheaper run around though for me

I always had the wife and kids in the good newer safer car and I took the scrap,unlike most macho men at the time, and sometimes now.

Blazer wrote: »
    There's also Ford S-Max and Ford Galaxy.
    Both are 7 seaters and could be nicely specced for 50k. Not sure about resale value though.
    The S-max is new so wouldn't be changing for a few years at least.

Will be keeping for 5+ years, wont be going above 3 kids :cool:

Advertisement