Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Engineering & Architecture

Options
  • 21-09-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have completed a level 8 degree this year in Mechanical Engineering. However, Architecture has always interested me, and is quickly becoming a passion.

I have noticed there is a post-grad course available in UCD, Engineering & Architecture. The course basically is there to support people looking to pursue architecture as a career, who do not have the initial 3 year bachelor in Architecture, but an 'equivalent' degree. There is not however any specific courses listed which would make one eligible for this. I have the minimum GPA needed.

Has anyone had any experience with this course directly? Can anyone recommend some tips on following this up? I have already emailed to inquire but no response. Any help or advice would be welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭PaperArchitect

JimmyJabber - As far as I'm aware UCD offers a Structural Engineering with Architecture Degree. It is a 5 year, 3 + 2 degree ending in a Masters. It might be possible to enter into year 4 with your degree.
    However, this will not exempt you from the RIAI requirements for a sufficient undergraduate degree nor will it allow you to progress to your Professional Diploma for registration as an Architect. Perhaps there is a new course I am not aware of? I am certain however, that any Architecture course in Ireland will not allow you to progress beyond year 2 of a 5 year degree, regardless of your previous education/experience.

Advertisement