Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping noob questions

• 21-09-2016 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got an istick pico 75w delivered today.I have it on charge at the mo.
    Just reading the instructions,i'm wondering about the "put a few drops on the wick to saturate it" bit.Do I just take the coil out and put the juice on the white bit,and then fill the tank?

I'm just wondering about the settings too.I have 12mg liquid,the coils that came with it are .3 and .5

Would the .5 coil at say 15w be a good starting point?

I'm a 40 a day marlboro red smoker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

I should have added,its a mello 3 atomizer.

One of the liquids I got is 18mg the other 2 are 12mg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There should be a coil pre-installed in the Melo III, just dab some juice on the cotton yup. Then put the tank together and fill it, give it a couple of minutes to soak in and vape away. 0.5 ohm coils need a bit of power, you really want to be using them around 30w - you may find this a bit much with your 12mg juices. It was switching to sub ohm coils that saw me drop from 12mg to 6mg, and as coils got better, I dropped again to 3mg. With sub ohm coils you still get a good blast. I would suggest you get some 1ohm+coils to vape around 15-20w, or, drop to 6mg.

Thanks a million for that.

Yep there is a .3 coil preinstalled.I'm just wondering which I would be better off with,and I have no idea what combo would be best.

I will put some 1ohm coils on the shopping list.I got 2 samsung r25 batteries,I will probably get another 1 or 2 and a stand alone charger.Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Definitely switch to the 0.5, the 0.3 is even more power hungry. You'd want to be up in the 50w+ region for that one

Ah.
    I will do that.
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Do be a bit careful starting off - a sub-ohm coil with what is relatively high nic juice will deliver a lot of nicotine to you quite quickly.

With vaping, the nicotine delivery is a bit slower than with cigarettes, so you can overdo it before you realise it and feel a bit sick - the "I shouldn't have had that last smoke" feel. It passes, so don't worry, but it will take a bit of time to find your pace.

But congratulations on your decision, and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

Let me know how you get on magentis and what coils / wattage etc you use

I'm waiting for mine to deliver! :)

j26m wrote: »
    Do be a bit careful starting off - a sub-ohm coil with what is relatively high nic juice will deliver a lot of nicotine to you quite quickly.

With vaping, the nicotine delivery is a bit slower than with cigarettes, so you can overdo it before you realise it and feel a bit sick - the "I shouldn't have had that last smoke" feel. It passes, so don't worry, but it will take a bit of time to find your pace.

But congratulations on your decision, and good luck!

Thanks a million.I posted here a while back and asked about whats available,but never took the step to buy a decent one.I wasted my time with those cheepo ones and had a bad experience with them.
    I just had to do something!Not getting any younger and having done the sums,its a waste of €600 a month.

Looks like I should have got 6mg juice though!!
    I didnt buy a lot of 12mg/18mg just 3 10ml.The whole sub ohm thing got me!

Menoetius wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on magentis and what coils / wattage etc you use

I'm waiting for mine to deliver! :)

Sure will Menoetius.

Did you buy from thebestshop too?I have to say I was very impressed with them.I ordered yesterday lunchtime and it arrived at lunchtime today.They had the items dispatched in less than 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

magentis wrote: »
    Sure will Menoetius.

Did you buy from thebestshop too?I have to say I was very impressed with them.I ordered yesterday lunchtime and it arrived at lunchtime today.They had the items dispatched in less than 2 hours.

no with fasttech. Cheaper but takes a few weeks to deliver

• Advertisement

Menoetius wrote: »
    no with fasttech. Cheaper but takes a few weeks to deliver

Yeah I was looking at that website,but I just decided to get started! I got a 10% discount and free delivery so it wasn't too bad.

Big difference between normal smokes and this.I done a lot of coughing and spluttering at the start but 12 hours on I am getting more used to it.I have been trying to vape direct to lung as opposed to mouth to lung and its going well.I don't miss the cigs at all tbh.But it's quite like when out having a pint though I find if you keep it in your hand you will keep consuming,just like a pint!!

I went and got some 6mg juice about 2pm and its much better,I found the 12mg too strong.

Thats with the .5 ohm coil at 45w.I picked up a few more coils at €3 each,I saw them on fasttech for like €8 for 5 I think so I will prob order some and a charger from them.

Battery life has been good,I got samsung 25R's and have used 40% in 12 hours.

I went over to healthier choice in Finglas and they were very helpful.I find juice is very subjective what one person recommends might be rank to the next,I have just been getting 10ml ones to find something I like before getting anything bigger.I found one that I really like so all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Well that's a good start. Well done.

Drink water - vaping dehydrates you.

Advertisement