Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact list from one email account for mailchimp etc? (thunderbird)

Options
  • 21-09-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I've been using Thunderbird for years and manage several different email accounts from it. The way the contact list seems to work is once you reply to an email, the address gets added to your contacts, so over the years I've built up thousands of contacts.

I'd like to target the contacts from one account only however and I'm not sure how to go about selecting the contacts who have only emailed a specific address as I don't want to send unsolicited mails to the rest.

If anyone has any idea how to go about this, I'd appreciate any feedback :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Within Thunderbird, click Tools > Address Book.

Select the desired Address Book.

Note: Make sure that you are selecting a specific address book. The selection by default is set as "All Address Books" and exporting this way will result in a blank file.

Select Tools > Export...

Select Comma Separated (*.csv) from the Format drop-down box.

Choose where you want to save the exported file, give the file a name, and click Save.

Depends then how you plan to email them, import into mailchimp and send out a newsletter/mail or else create a mail merge or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The problem is, when I go to tools > address book, beneath "All address books" the only options are:
    Personal address book
    Collected addresses

Both appear to have contacts from the account I want, but they also both appear to have contacts from accounts not associated with the account. So it appears that maybe every email I reply to in thunderbird is added to the address book and so far, I can't see a way to distinguish the contacts from whatever account they came from :confused:

Advertisement