Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options to stream 1080p to an NVR in the attic?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's hard to know if that would work or not . You would need to add a WiFi adapter to the nvr and you would be configuring all devices within your home network IP range.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Just be aware that high temps in the attic over the 'summer' months will shorten the life of equipment there, particularly anything that already includes a fan for cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

bought and installed the domar dome camera and 4-channel NVR at the weekend.
    I ended up installing the camera under the eve of hte house and using fishing wires to pull the PoE cable into the converted attic.
    I'll keep an eye on heat, but after the first few days of solid operation its not getting very warm. I'll raise it up a little higher by putting it on some sort of legs.

as for the 1080p camera itself, the quality is fantastic and set-up was pretty easy, motion detection, email alerts with pic, streaming to phone/ipad too etc..

set & forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

sk8board wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye on heat, but after the first few days of solid operation its not getting very warm. I'll raise it up a little higher by putting it on some sort of legs.

It's when the attic gets warm that problems may arise as the NVR tries to cool itself in an area of very high ambient temp.

Advertisement