Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMX Bike for 8 Year Old

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pigdestroyer

Lumen wrote: »
    ...you are doing it anyway. :pac:

I can't see the size on that. Presumably not suitable for an 8/10 year old.

You could be right - does look on the big side (although seems to be 20.25 in line with the other recommendations to date):

Geometry:

Top Tube Length: 20.25″
    Chain Stay Length: 13.5″
    Head Tube Angle: 75°
    Seat Tube Angle: 71.5°
    BB Height: 11.75°
    Standover Height: 8.25″
    Bar Rise: 8.6”
    Bar Width: 28.75″
    Bar Backsweep: 11°
    Bar Upsweep: 2

Anyway I'll shut up now, best of luck with your search - get him into bikes in general and he'll have no money for any badness - enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

You could be right - does look on the big side (although seems to be 20.25 in line with the other recommendations to date):

Geometry:

Top Tube Length: 20.25″
    Chain Stay Length: 13.5″
    Head Tube Angle: 75°
    Seat Tube Angle: 71.5°
    BB Height: 11.75°
    Standover Height: 8.25″
    Bar Rise: 8.6”
    Bar Width: 28.75″
    Bar Backsweep: 11°
    Bar Upsweep: 2

Anyway I'll shut up now, best of luck with your search - get him into bikes in general and he'll have no money for any badness - enjoy!

Thanks destroyerofpigs. Bit more than I'd like to spend on him for now though. This could be a passing fad of his (am hoping its not!) so I don't think it warrants a high spend for now. When he gets more into it / gets older we can about improving his bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Here is worth a look too
    http://mafiabike.com/index.php/bikes/all-bikes
    Check out Harry Mains channel (Rides for Mafia Bikes) on Youtube and you can see what they are like in action rather than just going by a pic too. I like the purple/green fuel ones myself tbh.

@ThisRegard
    The seats are low and pointed up a little so they are out of the way when doing tricks more than anything. I have my seats up with aftermarket posts tbh and pivotal adjustable seats on the 2 I have I use, much more comfortable when out for a spin and can drop them when heading to a skate park/track etc.

The reason most have only a rearbrake is more aimed at street riders than anything, most park riders will ride brakeless nowadays I wouldnt recommend it for kids especially in housing estates where they might come into the path of moving cars etc. My Vandals and my Haro only have rear brakes but if I give racing a go next year im running front and rear on the Haro just as its handy to have extra braking power esp with higher speeds when racing, as it is though my Haros brakes are very good and I know how it reacts with hard braking in dry and wet conditions so can easily tell from how fast im going to how hard I want to stop at any given time.

Advertisement