Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerical Leases for beginners

Options
  • 21-09-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to rent a commerical space for a martial arts gym and I'm a bit green to it, having sub let from another commercial unit previously where I didn't deal directly with the landlords or agents.

How much upfront would you need as a deposit? One months rent or more?

I understand the rates costs also, would that normally include insurance?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm looking to rent a commerical space for a martial arts gym and I'm a bit green to it, having sub let from another commercial unit previously where I didn't deal directly with the landlords or agents.

How much upfront would you need as a deposit? One months rent or more?

It might be just a month but probably more. Maybe 3 months but it depends how sought after the property is.
    I understand the rates costs also, would that normally include insurance?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Rates has nothing to do with insurance. Rates is a payment to the local authority for the important and hopefully excellent services they provide to your business like footpaths and roads.

A commercial lease is a big step. It may be worthwhile having your own agent to help you find what you need and to negotiate on your behalf. There are also legal and planning issues to consider. You should certainly talk to other business owners. Good luck with your expansion!

Advertisement