Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Trap gun for under €2000

Options
  • 21-09-2016 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for recommendations for a trap gun . Ive gotten into DTL shooting and find i do way better when i use others dedicated trap gun than using my own . I really dont want to spend more than 2k at the most . So what is there in that price range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭scoobydoo07

For that kind of money you can get various makes of trap guns. It would be a personal choice but see what the guns the lads you shoot DTL with are using .The most common ones lads have are the Beretta range 682 or 682 gold e ,Browning GTI and the Miroku 3800 range . Obviously there are plenty more makes and models of the guns and higher grades of the mentioned makes. My advice is don't just purchase a trapgun from a dealer/private seller without shooting a round of DTL , make sure it fits you !! . You can pick up a vgc trapgun like the above for less than 2k secondhand . Ask around the shoots or try a dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Ya it was actually a browning gti and a miroku mk38 trap i was shooting today that made me realise what a Massive imprivement a trap gun has over my beretta onyx . Just felt better with a much better trigger . Very light and instant.

Will dealers let you shoot a gun before buying it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭scoobydoo07

Any dealer who is genuine will leave you try . There are a few that have grounds attached to their shops so it should be easy enough to organise . At the end of the day would you buy a car with your hard earned 2k and not test drive it ! .Most of the dealers will leave you try as it makes good sense to get you back for future business . Also make sure the gun fits you properly and if as you say you want a gun specifically for trap only buy a trap gun !! .My first venture into DTL shooting when I was new to the sport didn't go well . An alleged well informed dealer persuaded me to buy a sporter shotgun which I soon found out was unsuitable for DTL longterm due to the low stock . I lost a few hundred pounds on the subsequent trade in for another gun ! And it wasn't the same dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

I've a miroku m38 can't recommend them enough have put 5000 shells through mine in the last two years with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

For what it matters the difference between Miroku and Browning for their run of the mill guns is essentially negligible. As far as I'm concerned real difference between the two comes into play when you start talking about custom made by hand in Liege Brownings but the chance of getting one of them for around 2k is pretty non-existent...

• Advertisement
Advertisement