Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin / Mullingar psychic thread 2016

Options
  • 21-09-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone,

I have been away from Ireland for a long time and would love to find a genuine reader in Dublin or Mullingar. I have absolute faith that there are genuine readers out there and am absolutely not a skeptic (I do readings myself and have came across a few in Australia who have been extremely accurate and helpful) but am sad to say that none in Ireland that I have seen have been accurate. Has anyone been to Stefan de Guylian? The only positive reviews I can find here seem to be a few people who signed up to boards.ie especially to post a glowing reference for him and never posted here again...

Anyway, I was a bit of a psychic junkie a few years ago around Dublin and just found a bit of paper where I had written down their predictions from approx 7-8 years ago.

* Billy Martin: The most accurate of the lot- but still about half of what he said was off the mark. He was quite cruel at that time saying I'm an emotional mess. He said he sees alot of paperwork over my head (true as I was about to go back to the USA and was stressed about paperwork). He predicted that I was not going to live back in America (I thought I was about to go back in a month)- he said that there was going to be some sort of delay. That was all true- I ended up being in a bad accident a week after the reading so I couldn't go. But other than that- the rest didn't come true (someone I know will have a baby and the baby will die- this never happened) and that after 2 years of the reading I'll have finished traveling and settle down with a nice man who is a real home bird near Maynooth or Kinnegad and have a great career and social life (nothing near that happened).

* Joe Cooper: A very kind man who felt like a good support for me at the time with readings and healings. Nothing of what he said came true like that I would be a famous author on Joe Duffy etc and work from my own creative space etc.

* Julian de Burgh: Also felt kind, caring and convincing but none of the predictions came true. He said I'd have a job where I'd be headhunted by the company to study further (that was about 7 years ago and still I've never had a "normal" job or further training!)

* Grainne in Psychic I: Felt like a guidance counselor but I don't know about "psychic". I think she would be good to go for for general advice but I don't know about predictions. I went to her recently and I felt like she makes interpretations from the cards but not sure if her suggestions were the right path for me. I left feeling really bad and regretting paying the €60 to see her, I felt like I needed to wash out my brain because the decision I am making in life she felt bad about. But understand that she probably helps others. I felt like the guidance she gave me might work in other people's situations and perhaps just not my path.

* Mary in George's St: She looked very mystical and channeling guidance but very off the mark. Said I'd write a book and probably need to go to Canada to get it published. (I've never been to Canada since the reading)

* A woman upstairs in Temple bar said I'd be a tour guide in Australia (never happened)

If anybody could safely vouch for other readers, I'd be very grateful. I understand that the future hasn't happened yet and to empower myself with my own decisions. But when I have found accurate genuine readers, it has been very helpful to clarify things from time to time to keep me on the right track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Reading your post it just sums up the total hit-and-miss nature of so-called psychics, and basically proves that they are just cold readers who are saying x,y,z are going to happen and there is always a chance that x might and y,z doesn't, but people think these people have special power because they got one right, even though it can be open to interpretation.

Take the 1st guy you talk about. You claim he was the most accurate, but reading what you say about him, he sounds like he is a guesser too. You say he got as much wrong as he did right. How anyone can believe these people have special talents based on these type of stats continues to baffle me. Hardly scientific is it?

And often he will get credit for something that was so open ended that he covered a lot of bases. Take for example the fact that he said you would be delayed on your return to the States. Some sort of delay. You then say you had an accident and I'm sure ended up thinking "this guy predicted this, hes amazing". If he had been amazing he would have said "you will be delayed from going to the US because you are going to have an accident next Tuesday".

Say for example you didn't have that accident, but instead you went to the airport, and you ended up having a delay in your flight of 12 hrs. Tell us honestly, would you at that point recall this mans words "that there was going to be some sort of delay", and again think, jez he predicted this? These guys make vague, open ended guesses which are likely to apply to a lot of things that happen in peoples lives and then get credited for having superpowers that the rest of us don't have.

You even say that some of the people you visited got nothing right. Nothing! Jez even I could make a statement about you here which has a chance of coming across as being profound, these people got nothing correct, yet people still pay them for their superpowers.
    "Nothing of what he said came true"
    "...but none of the predictions came true"
    "She looked very mystical and channeling guidance but very off the mark"

We can all do what they do, me, you, everyone. You can easily be trained to do it, and even make a good living out of it if you have zero conscience for preying on the vunerabilities of people who are often at low points in their lives. I do genuinely feel sorry for people like yourself who feel the need to hand over money to these people. Your final line when you say you believe you found accurate genuine readers, to me these were just people who were luckier in their guessing. Do you really need these people to clarify things for you and keep you on the right track? I don't think so.

On a final note, €60 for a sitting. Thats some business, considering I am sure Revenue aren't getting any of that. Imagine if you did 5 sittings a day, Monday to Friday, thats working a 25hr week, and it brings in €300 per day, €1500 per week, or €78,000 per year, tax free. Perhaps I am the mug for working 'for the man' and paying my taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SunnySun

Hi NIMAN, I find your response a bit difficult to respond to as you sound like an absolute skeptic (why are you in this forum?). What I said as there are people out there who are genuinely psychic and very accurate- I have just never come across one in Ireland. Congratulations to you if you don't need any help but in my experience, a real psychic can be extremely helpful and life changing. Saying that though, I also share your anger and frustration of the many psychics who charge a fortune and EVERYTHING is off the mark.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Reading your post it just sums up the total hit-and-miss nature of so-called psychics, and basically proves that they are just cold readers who are saying x,y,z are going to happen and there is always a chance that x might and y,z doesn't, but people think these people have special power because they got one right, even though it can be open to interpretation.

Take the 1st guy you talk about. You claim he was the most accurate, but reading what you say about him, he sounds like he is a guesser too. You say he got as much wrong as he did right. How anyone can believe these people have special talents based on these type of stats continues to baffle me. Hardly scientific is it?

And often he will get credit for something that was so open ended that he covered a lot of bases. Take for example the fact that he said you would be delayed on your return to the States. Some sort of delay. You then say you had an accident and I'm sure ended up thinking "this guy predicted this, hes amazing". If he had been amazing he would have said "you will be delayed from going to the US because you are going to have an accident next Tuesday".

Say for example you didn't have that accident, but instead you went to the airport, and you ended up having a delay in your flight of 12 hrs. Tell us honestly, would you at that point recall this mans words "that there was going to be some sort of delay", and again think, jez he predicted this? These guys make vague, open ended guesses which are likely to apply to a lot of things that happen in peoples lives and then get credited for having superpowers that the rest of us don't have.

You even say that some of the people you visited got nothing right. Nothing! Jez even I could make a statement about you here which has a chance of coming across as being profound, these people got nothing correct, yet people still pay them for their superpowers.
    "Nothing of what he said came true"
    "...but none of the predictions came true"
    "She looked very mystical and channeling guidance but very off the mark"

We can all do what they do, me, you, everyone. You can easily be trained to do it, and even make a good living out of it if you have zero conscience for preying on the vunerabilities of people who are often at low points in their lives. I do genuinely feel sorry for people like yourself who feel the need to hand over money to these people. Your final line when you say you believe you found accurate genuine readers, to me these were just people who were luckier in their guessing. Do you really need these people to clarify things for you and keep you on the right track? I don't think so.

On a final note, €60 for a sitting. Thats some business, considering I am sure Revenue aren't getting any of that. Imagine if you did 5 sittings a day, Monday to Friday, thats working a 25hr week, and it brings in €300 per day, €1500 per week, or €78,000 per year, tax free. Perhaps I am the mug for working 'for the man' and paying my taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GDDC

Hey,
    What psychics would you recommend in Australia? Looking to go to a good one here
    SunnySun wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have been away from Ireland for a long time and would love to find a genuine reader in Dublin or Mullingar. I have absolute faith that there are genuine readers out there and am absolutely not a skeptic (I do readings myself and have came across a few in Australia who have been extremely accurate and helpful) but am sad to say that none in Ireland that I have seen have been accurate. Has anyone been to Stefan de Guylian? The only positive reviews I can find here seem to be a few people who signed up to boards.ie especially to post a glowing reference for him and never posted here again...

Anyway, I was a bit of a psychic junkie a few years ago around Dublin and just found a bit of paper where I had written down their predictions from approx 7-8 years ago.

* Billy Martin: The most accurate of the lot- but still about half of what he said was off the mark. He was quite cruel at that time saying I'm an emotional mess. He said he sees alot of paperwork over my head (true as I was about to go back to the USA and was stressed about paperwork). He predicted that I was not going to live back in America (I thought I was about to go back in a month)- he said that there was going to be some sort of delay. That was all true- I ended up being in a bad accident a week after the reading so I couldn't go. But other than that- the rest didn't come true (someone I know will have a baby and the baby will die- this never happened) and that after 2 years of the reading I'll have finished traveling and settle down with a nice man who is a real home bird near Maynooth or Kinnegad and have a great career and social life (nothing near that happened).

* Joe Cooper: A very kind man who felt like a good support for me at the time with readings and healings. Nothing of what he said came true like that I would be a famous author on Joe Duffy etc and work from my own creative space etc.

* Julian de Burgh: Also felt kind, caring and convincing but none of the predictions came true. He said I'd have a job where I'd be headhunted by the company to study further (that was about 7 years ago and still I've never had a "normal" job or further training!)

* Grainne in Psychic I: Felt like a guidance counselor but I don't know about "psychic". I think she would be good to go for for general advice but I don't know about predictions. I went to her recently and I felt like she makes interpretations from the cards but not sure if her suggestions were the right path for me. I left feeling really bad and regretting paying the 60 to see her, I felt like I needed to wash out my brain because the decision I am making in life she felt bad about. But understand that she probably helps others. I felt like the guidance she gave me might work in other people's situations and perhaps just not my path.

* Mary in George's St: She looked very mystical and channeling guidance but very off the mark. Said I'd write a book and probably need to go to Canada to get it published. (I've never been to Canada since the reading)

* A woman upstairs in Temple bar said I'd be a tour guide in Australia (never happened)

If anybody could safely vouch for other readers, I'd be very grateful. I understand that the future hasn't happened yet and to empower myself with my own decisions. But when I have found accurate genuine readers, it has been very helpful to clarify things from time to time to keep me on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

SunnySun wrote: »
    Hi NIMAN, I find your response a bit difficult to respond to as you sound like an absolute skeptic (why are you in this forum?). What I said as there are people out there who are genuinely psychic and very accurate- I have just never come across one in Ireland. Congratulations to you if you don't need any help but in my experience, a real psychic can be extremely helpful and life changing. Saying that though, I also share your anger and frustration of the many psychics who charge a fortune and EVERYTHING is off the mark.

I would admit that I am a skeptic. I would love to believe that these people are really able to chat to the dead, as I have loved ones gone who I would love to chat to, but I simply cannot believe that they have these powers. Not a single one of them. Either in Ireland or outside of it.

If they genuinely have these powers, they missed a great chance to avail of a million dollars which was available for several decades in the USA and which was never won despite many attempts, as no-one was able to demonstrate real abilities outside of what you or I could learn from some training, or simply guesswork.

Why do I read this forum? Maybe because I have family members who would also believe all this stuff to be true and I am curious as to how naive some people can be. As for me not needing help, we all need help in life at various times, but I don't believe the help that a charlatan sells to you is good help. Thats if I am being honest. I personally have a very low opinion of these people who are taking advantage of very vunerable people who are often going through very difficult times, for their own financial gain.

Of course there will be some who will say that its doing no harm, its bringing solace to troubled people, even though its all made up. I also think that counselling would serve this purpose and have a better, long term effect as it would help these poor people accept that someone they loved is gone and its something that simply has to be lived with.

Advertisement