Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin cadence sensor straps

Options
  • 21-09-2016 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use an alternative to the bands supplied with the cadence sensor to keep it attached to the crank, the newer type, not the GSC10 one. I've gone through 2 bands in just over a year now and was lucky to hear the sensor bouncing on the road on my way home today. The first one lasted about 9 months and I had to order another set off Garmin as only the biggest band would fit. The middle part snapped within a month and the rest went today.

My feet aren't coming anywhere close to the bands from what I can tell so not a friction thing and I am now thinking of using a tie wrap even though it won't look as neat. If there were more resilient bands by a different manufacturer I would consider them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

brianomc wrote: »
    Does anyone use an alternative to the bands supplied with the cadence sensor to keep it attached to the crank, the newer type, not the GSC10 one. I've gone through 2 bands in just over a year now and was lucky to hear the sensor bouncing on the road on my way home today. The first one lasted about 9 months and I had to order another set off Garmin as only the biggest band would fit. The middle part snapped within a month and the rest went today.

My feet aren't coming anywhere close to the bands from what I can tell so not a friction thing and I am now thinking of using a tie wrap even though it won't look as neat. If there were more resilient bands by a different manufacturer I would consider them.

I've never had a problem with them, but in saying that I also added a bit of electrical/insulation tape around them, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Just use a cable tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Gerry wrote: »
    Just use a cable tie.

^^ This. It's not the prettiest but it works and it's reliable. It's hardly noticeable really especially if you've black cranks. Just be sure to put the catch of the cable tie on the inside where it can be hidden to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Thanks all, looks like a cable tie is the way to go for now anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Gerry wrote: »
    Just use a cable tie.

That's what I got with my Garmin

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
Advertisement