Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on firewood....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

any chance we can have a thread "Rathwood firewood - updates and status" and keep this for the actual bargains (if any)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

How many firewood threads do we really need ? There’s no bargains apart from Rathwood at the moment so there’s nothing else to post about

feel free to start your own rathwood thread if you feel that strongly

The internet isn’t for everyone

That's the pont this isn't a firewood thread at all it's purely turned into order statuses and delivery statuses for rathwood

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I got my rathwood delivery during the week. Pretty happy with it. About the same volume of wood that I got for €330 last year from TJ O'Mahony's. Only complaint is that there aren't as many thick pieces, many of them are quite narrow. Anyway, it will do me for the winter.

It’s a bargain alert for firewood and what tends to happen is people chat on a discussion forum when they aren’t posting bargains and some people find that information useful

you can always report the posts to moderator or just unfollow the thread if it’s that upsetting

• Advertisement

Did I say it was upsetting? No need to be passive aggressive I'm trying to be helpful for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You sound upset vanti, don't worry about everyone else, find a thread you enjoy, there's hundreds of them to choose from.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Quite like this one actually but I'm glad you care

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭mjp

Have to agree with Vanti. This over and back whinging bout delivery dates and order statuses for rathwood is getting ridiculous and clogging up the thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, please stop the bickering...warnings will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

There isn't any other bargains out there at the moment bar Rathwood. I paid 400 Euros for a crate of Olive wood last year and it's the same this year. I know the quality is better than birch but still I vouched I'd never pay that much ever again. I see the odd offer up on facebook but don't know if they are repurable or not. I'm very careful about orderubg from facebook and donedeal especially as i got stung with wet wood dumped on my drive by cowboys a few years ago.

It’s hard to know who to trust these days and that’s why a forum like this is handy to let people know what the wood is like and delivery times etc, nothing worse than shelling out a few hundred quick and ending up with a pile of crap for the winter season

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

There's only a handful of posts here on a busy day (maybe 10) but generally half that, maybe the quietest daily bargain thread on this forum.

It's the rathwood thread though not the firewood thread, it's the only place with a bargain.

It's helpful knowing this for me who's waiting on an order and there's very little whining in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Using the 2m3 of monaghans oak i got for €519 delivered and it’s very good compared to the softwoods i was burning upto now. Well pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 22 davidkane8

So since we’re talking about Rathwood maybe I can tell you what a super experience I had

I ordered 2 x pallets on Sept 15 – now it was 50 / 50 whether I needed any this year as the log shed was nearly ¾ full but given the good deal – I took the plunge.

Now when I pressed the order button – everything seemed to work fine and I was happy enough until

THERE WAS NO CONFIRMATION!!!

So I sat there twiddling the moustache for a couple of days and decided I’d call them on the Monday – ready for a good old argy bargy

Well cool the jets – I rang a lovely young lady and she told me to look in my spam - wouldn’t you know it

There was the bould confirmation.

• Advertisement

So low and behold a few more days passed and I enquired about the status – no real dates as such

Another few days whistled by and the missus was giving me the dirty looks so I rang again for a status update

Well the same lovely girl – what a coincidence – answered the phone – and told me they were getting in stock shortly and should be with me in a few days – MIGHTY STUFF

So another week when by – and I thought – sure I’ll just enquire again – something to do while I was waiting for the paint to dry.

You guessed it – it was the same girl and she told the stock was now in and the courier would be in touch.

Love it 🤣

Next day around 9ish (strong southwest wind) the courier called – lovely fella and would be around the next day.

9am - Like a bat out of hell – there was the courier – 2 pallets ready to roll

Well I should have listened to herself – there was nayara hope of either pallet getting into the log store.

• Advertisement

Back on to rathwood to explain my mistake - i nearly had them on speeddial at this stage

Advertisement