Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on firewood....

1676869707173»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

its not bad I guess, its comparable to other suppliers prices right now.

Im hoping to see 470 or even 450 delivered for a 2m3 crate of oak so will hold off for now, no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Derpados

Does this sound like a good deal for ash @270 euro

• Crate Size: Height 100 cm, Length 115cm, Width 87cm
    • Cubic Capacity: 1.0m3 , Max Weight: 400kg

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭geographica

It’s in the ballpark, you can get 2cbm for sub €500

Ah perfect thanks for that . I have a small stove and I purchased 1.8m oak so I want some ash to get the fire going and top up with the oak. I've read with smaller stoves oak can be difficult too get going, so best to use ash/beach/birch as the light quickly?

use kindling and firefighters with the right air control and they’ll light anything

• Advertisement

Will do, I think I'll go with the ash aswell as I went through 2.5 pallets last year but it wasn't oak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I use a layer of ovoids and then add in oak or just use fire lighters and kindling, if I started my fire with ash I would have to wait for the wood to be almost gone before adding oak becaus if the size of the stove

The internet isn’t for everyone

A friend of mine got a delivery of 1.85m pallet of oak from rathwood. Alot of the pieces are kindling size.

Should they complain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭SteM

Should they complain? Yes imho. Will anything happen if they complain? Not from my experience (other than realising that I won't be buying from them again) but maybe others have had more luck.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Nothing will probably be done. I just wanted to highlight it with everyone, as I can see alot of people ask about Rathwood here.

• Advertisement

complain and tell them to come and collect it or a charge back will be started, the person ordered firewood as shown online not sticks only fit for kindling

Deliveries need to be checked before removing them from the pallet

Might be worth tagging them is social media posts too

They have just rang and complained. They were told to send over photos. Most of the smaller pieces of wood were in the middle of the pallet.. hard to see from a visual when it arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hopefully your friend gets a resolution because thats not what is advertised and those sticks will burn extremely quickly.

Rathwood themselves should be rejecting crates like that which are full of kindling instead of trying to fob them off on theiir customers hoping that they dont complain. Kiln dried firewood is expensive as it is without these type of shenanigans going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,634 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

That's a disgrace. A half pallet of kindling! Suddenly their special prices make sense.

Yeah it's a joke allright. I will keep you updated when they make contact

They should absolutely reject crates like that. From looking at the pallet when it arrived we couldn't tell it would be that bad it was only when we went into the second and third row they became so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 81r2

Just a piece of information passed on by the delivery driver, a courier, who had to return multiple times due to my RW order issues. We were just having a chat, so I've no links or otherwise to back up the following.

Said he drops RW pallets of timber to the local C_ _ _-superstore. Where the RW clingfilm is immediately removed and then rewrapped with superstore branding.

Secondly he informed me that RW have signed a government contract for the removal, processing and sale of Ash. Specifically Ash that has been affected by Ash die back disease. He didn't know or say when this would begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 81r2

In reply to #2178

Have a look at the website pictures, are the pictures similar to what was delivered or not? If not, maybe point this out in a follow up email, that you were possibly mislead. The website states the oak should be ' Logs: 25cm Length (Diameter 7-15cm)'. Would this be true for your delivery? If not, again point this out. https://www.rathwood.com/cp/oak_firewood_1_5m_630kg_kiln_dried_4_row_pallet/15476

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sheedy234

I got the same email earlier this year when I complained of the overfilled birch bags. First one I got was great second bag way smaller and I had photos ,I got no joy from them and won't be buying again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭limnam

Hopefully no one minds me asking here, we're adding a pellet stove to our log burner this year and I'm wonder who people normally use for buying pellets in bulk ?

so we may as well strike Rathwood off the list for bargains now which is a shame because I was happy with my pallet, one of the people that got stuck with kindling should send them a link to this thread, don’t forget to leave a nice google review too

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Poolboy19

If there's anyone with suggestions for reputable alternatives I'd appreciate it if you'd post a suggestion, Rathwood have let themselves down badly here.

Advertisement