Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ssang Yong Tivoli

• 21-09-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi just looking for some advice , I've recently come across the ssang Yong Tivoli , I can get a good deal on a demo model top spec but I'm in two minds most of all I'm afraid of re sale value, I can get a Hyundai ix35 152 for the same price but it doesn't have any of the gadgets that come with the Tivoli , I think it's the standard comfort model.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I love variety, but a Tivoli would be a bad move. It's from an undesirable brand and resale will surely be poor. It's not cheap enough as a new car to take the chance on residuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I love variety, but a Tivoli would be a bad move. It's from an undesirable brand and resale will surely be poor. It's not cheap enough as a new car to take the chance on residuals.

That's very true, it's still 24k after the demo discount . It's the leather seats touch screen display and reversing camera that's tempting to as opposed to the fairly standard ix35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

How long do you usually keep a car for OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Meh, I wouldn't get too caught up on the extra stuff. It'd be something if they were top quality premium extras. In reality they're probably half-assed?

What about an older model Kia Sportage, or a Nissan Qashqai? Surely you'd get a fairly new one within budget?

If you keep a car for 10 years then residuals won't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

I'd rather have a top spec yoke personally. I'd say OP will notice them missing in the Hyundai. Also bear in mind Hyundai wasn't that desirable until recently. Not saying Ssangyong will pull their socks up like Hyundai/Kia did but it's all food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

No euroNCAP rating yet either. Some manufacturers don't put their low volume models through the test, but in those cases would have an array of other cars which performed very well.

For an emerging brand such as Ssangyong, a 5 star rating would be a real feather in its cap and give people confidence in the brand, so I can only think of one reason that they don't participate.

How long do you usually keep a car for OP?

2-3 years but this would be my first time buying new or nearly new.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Meh, I wouldn't get too caught up on the extra stuff. It'd be something if they were top quality premium extras. In reality they're probably half-assed?

What about an older model Kia Sportage, or a Nissan Qashqai? Surely you'd get a fairly new one within budget?

If you keep a car for 10 years then residuals won't matter.

I'm hoping to get as new as I can within budget , was looking at the Sportage alright but didnt see one I fancy in the garages I've been to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

No euroNCAP rating yet either. Some manufacturers don't put their low volume models through the test, but in those cases would have an array of other cars which performed very well.

For an emerging brand such as Ssangyong, a 5 star rating would be a real feather in its cap and give people confidence in the brand, so I can only think of one reason that they don't participate.

Not really an emerging brand though.

I still have nightmares involving images of the musso and rodius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Given that much info I'd avoid one for now. They're off to a slow start as it is and I can't see things improving.

Like colm I like variety but you'd want to be willing to burn your money or keep it a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Then don't... You are one of the car-shifters, you'd be hit badly with the value loss. Buying new makes sense if you want to take care of the car and keep it for a longer while...

I'd look for something in 3 year old range...

One more question is the Hyundai manufacturers warranty transferable will I get the remainder of the 5 yrs ? Thanks for all the input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

One more question is the Hyundai manufacturers warranty transferable will I get the remainder of the 5 yrs ? Thanks for all the input

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

For an emerging brand such as Ssangyong

Ssangyong aren't so much emerging as opening the coffin lid once in a while, then the mob of villagers attack and nail the lid back down.

Advertisement