Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannot dial some numbers

Options
  • 21-09-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

hello All, i am with meteor, and use a LG phone

I have a friends number saved and whenaver i try to text her and select her name alittle box pops up saying invalid contact.(this problem has followed me from my last phone.

In the last few weeks if I ring my son it rings once and goes to his answering machine. other people in the same room can ring him.. he does not receive my texts either

all other people on my list operate normally

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

rugbyman wrote:
    In the last few weeks if I ring my son it rings once and goes to his answering machine. other people in the same room can ring him.. he does not receive my texts either

Had same problem with daughter and found on her android phone that she had added number to blocked list somewhere on her phone. So phone would ring once then drop call. As for other issue try setting up contact again with more in the name of this fails contact provided of your network for support as it's been on two phones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If it rings once and then goes to voicemail or drops, you're likely on their blocked list. You can try turning your caller ID off and calling them and see if the same thing happens. If it does you're definitely blocked by them. If the same thing happens when you turn caller ID off then both you and them then contact your network provider - may also be worth them contacting theirs also to see if there is a reason on their end why they can't receive your calls. Could be a routing issue from your network to theirs.

Have you ever been able to ring the friend who you can't contact? Have you double checked their number is correctly saved into your phone? Have you tried manually inputting it?

Advertisement