Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advising bank of card use out of country.

Options
  • 21-09-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have sorted my issue, but it might be of interest to you to know what was happening. I filled in a form on Banking 365 to say I would be travelling and using my debit card. It refused my phone number (the first time was incorrectly put in in some way) I continued to try all different ways of putting in the number but no luck. 

Eventually I guessed what was wrong - if the number is just changed in the window provided, it does not work. I had to start again, fill in all my card numbers etc again and get the phone number right first time. The way the window is set up suggests the number can just be changed, but it cannot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

looksee wrote: »
    Hi, I have sorted my issue, but it might be of interest to you to know what was happening. I filled in a form on Banking 365 to say I would be travelling and using my debit card. It refused my phone number (the first time was incorrectly put in in some way) I continued to try all different ways of putting in the number but no luck. 

Eventually I guessed what was wrong - if the number is just changed in the window provided, it does not work. I had to start again, fill in all my card numbers etc again and get the phone number right first time. The way the window is set up suggests the number can just be changed, but it cannot.
    Good Morning Looksee, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie I apologise you had this difficulty when attempting to change the number, I will pass this feedback to our online team. Thank you for taking the time to highlight this to us.

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement