Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which 0-2 Team(s) Will Turn It Around?

• 21-09-2016 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Since 2002, only 12 of 116 teams (10.3%) that have started off 0-2 have made the playoffs.

The following teams have started this year 0-2 and are all but fighting for their season this week as none of the 69 teams that have started 0-3 since 2002 have made the playoffs (and the last team to do it was in 1998):

Bears
    Bills
    Browns
    Colts
    Dolphins
    Jaguars
    Redskins
    Saints

So, who do we think will do it this year and make the playoffs from a 0-2 start (if any)?

Which 0-2 Team(s) Will Make The Playoffs? 29 votes

Bears
    0%
    Bills
    0%
    Browns
    0%
    Colts
    0%
    Dolphins
    37%
    Trojande5p0i1erChorus_suckbryanodowdMr. GuappabruschiScummyManpedatronArrow in the KneeqwabercdAlfred Borden 11 votes
    Jaguars
    17%
    2smiggyBeefy78ItssoeasyAenaesMightyMandarin 5 votes
    Redskins
    10%
    helimachoptorAenaesScummyMan 3 votes
    Saints
    13%
    Chorus_suckLeslie91Lirangeradharc 4 votes
    No Team Will Do It
    20%
    TristramrevzFreeOSCARKnex*kevohmsfordArrow in the Knee 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Redskins
    Jags for me are the only ones who have the potential to do it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

None. They're all scutter. Saints have the best chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Jaguars
    Dolphins got close to the Patriots and should've beaten the Seahawks, even though Seattle's offense looks to be in tatters at the moment.

The Saints have no hope with a defense that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

No Team Will Do It
    Colts could turn it around given the weakish division their in.

Texans are bound to go backwards eventually as their my favourite AFC team and I don't thrust the new QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Paully D wrote: »
    Since 2002, only 12 of 116 teams (10.3%) that have started off 0-2 have made the playoffs.

The following teams have started this year 0-2 and are all but fighting for their season this week as none of the 69 teams that have started 0-3 since 2002 have made the playoffs (and the last team to do it was in 1998):

Bears
    Bills
    Browns
    Colts
    Dolphins
    Jaguars
    Redskins
    Saints

So, who do we think will do it this year and make the playoffs from a 0-2 start (if any)?

Statistically less than one of those teams will be expected to get to the playoffs, and that sounds accurate to me :-)

To be fair though, only a couple of those ever had realistic playoff prospects this year. For me, the question is which ones will recover to show progress on the year, and which ones will remain in the basement for the whole year (I think there must be teams with one win so far who will suck as bad as some of these teams). I can see the jags, phins and saints do that. Redskins seem to have gone way backward, anything less than playoffs would be a massive regression for them anyway. Not sure about the colts tbh. The rest will probably be bad all year long but I think the bears will show real progress as the o line develops and their rookies click. But progress is relative. They're ****. Really ****. So are the other "B" teams...which is a good collective term for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Dolphins

Bears
    Bills
    Browns
    Colts
    Dolphins
    Jaguars
    Redskins
    Saints

It's hard to see any of those teams getting to the 10 or 11 wins needed for a wildcard spot, so you're looking for a division where 9 wins will see you top the division. Of the above, only the Colts, Jaguars and possibly Redskins or Bears are in such a division, so I'll go with the Colts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

None of them, you would say maybe the Colts but losing to the Lions in Week 1 is not a good look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have to vote none as the math dictates that.

I’d say the Colts have the best chance. Despite their OK start, I still think the Saints are going to struggle as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No Team Will Do It
    I think Saints are the best team from that lot, even with their poor D, so would go with them. Colts possibly have the best chance, however, as they're in the easier division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You need a good head coach to have any chance of turning it around. Sean Payton is that so I'll go with the Saints. They have Drew Brees too who is capable of putting up huge numbers and beating you without a defense. It's not often that we've seen a good D in New Orleans, the other issue they have right now is their running game. If they can get that going and run some time off the clock then their D gets more of a rest and that will improve things there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The thing about the Colts is that there is a route to 10 wins that isn’t outlandish-looking, when you look at their schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

No Chance:
    Bills
    Bears
    Browns

Slim:
    Saints
    Dolphins
    Jaguars

Best:
    Colts
    Redskins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No Team Will Do It
    Forgot about the Redskins, actually. They have a decent squad there, but if you look at their schedule its brutal in the 2nd half of the season. If they enter that already behind in the division, I can see them collapsing.

Final 9 games:

vs Bengals
    vs Vikings
    vs Packers
    @ Cowboys
    @ Cardinals
    @ Eagles
    vs Panthers
    @ Bears
    vs Giants

Only saving grace is the five home games, . That said, aside from Bears and Giants in the last two games, I don't fancy them winning any of them. They could be well out of it by then, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

My thoughts on the Redskins, is that they have not yet played to their potential, were a playoff team last year and the East over the last few years has been very tight, with teams beating each other up and few runaway winners.

Of course, being Washington, I'm getting the sense that another loss and the wheels could come off in a hurry, grumblings about Cousins, and such a lopsided, pass-heavy offense, which usually bodes badly for a team.

The Colts have Luck, and not a lot else, but they reside in the South, so they will be in the mix, you'd have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

The redskins are gone. They've turned on Cousins, I can't see him turning his game around. Nasty dressing room and they have much improved Giants in their division and their run in is very tough.

Colts stand still every year whilst their div rivals seem to improve, it's gonna catch up on them but possibly not this year. They have a chance of sneaking into the playoffs, fancy Texans for the division though.

I think the Saints will finish 3rd in their division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So the Bills, Colts, Dolphins and Redskins have given themselves a chance.

Saints remain to be seen tonight.

It has been almost 20 years since a team who has started 0-3 has made the playoffs - so the Bears, Browns and Jaguars are all but done for the season and can start thinking ahead to next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

So the Bills, Colts, Dolphins and Redskins have given themselves a chance.

Saints remain to be seen tonight.

It has been almost 20 years since a team who has started 0-3 has made the playoffs - so the Bears, Browns and Jaguars are all but done for the season and can start thinking ahead to next year already.

Disappointed by the Jags this year. While I had no illusions that they were going to be great I had thought they would at least be a contender in the South. While I wouldn't 100% rule them out of making some sort of run at the Division its been a horrible start and their season is as close to cooked as you'll get.

Bears look worse than ever and the Browns, while being an astonishing screw up of a team are at least entertaining for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Dolphins
    The Colts have been pretty good the last few years since they drafted Andrew Luck.

I wouldn't count out the Redskins ether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

de5p0i1er wrote: »
    The Colts have been pretty good the last few years since they drafted Andrew Luck.

I wouldn't count out the Redskins ether.

The colts were shocking last year. This year they look bad too. Haven't watched the redskins yet, listening to posts here it sounds like Kirk cousins is who always thought he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

The Colts have been weak for a while, the O-line and the entire defence are extremely poor. Yet we have not had a sub .500 season in the Luck era. Which goes to show how important a franchise quarterback is in the current meta of the NFL. Bear in mind that Luck was out for most of last season with a lacerated kidney. So I wouldn't rule them out just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement